Food, family, and fitness... all with a bit of style.

Friday Favorites...Hello Summer!

This week kicked of Summer Vacation for my crew and we were super pumped!! E & L were all smiles on the last day!
So let's get into some of our favorites from this first week of Summer!
As always, I am linking up with three of my favorite blogging friends, ErikaNarci & Andrea to share a few of my favorites from this week. 

one
Monday was Ella's "Moving Up" day at school. Her elementary school runs from kindergarten through 5th grade, so she is off to the middle school next year. We went to a sweet ceremony and I am still in disbelief at how fast those 6 years went by! 
She was pretty shy and timid when we put her on that bus 6 years ago and we could not be prouder of how much she has grown! She has made so many great friends and we had some amazing teachers along the way! 
We celebrated that night with my parents and sister at the ice cream shoppe and Ella ended her day dancing in the rain...
two
Ella's big day at school came just one day after her dance recitals. I tell you, she had a big week!! This girl just shines when she is on stage.
My mom and I commented that her cheeks must hurt from smiling so big and beautifully up on stage!

three
The kids had a half day of school on Tuesday and we threw a big  School's out party to celebrate! We invited all the elementary school kids on our street to get off the bus at our house for an afternoon of Summer fun. 
Everybody had a blast and it was a great way to kick off Summer. I shared all the party details  here.

four
I shared a new Summer favorite dinner recipe this week. Loaded with fresh veggies and herbs, you will feel good about eating it too! We topped ours with grilled shrimp, but it would also be great with scallops or chicken too.

five
My favorite Summer look involves some sort of fun sleeveless top. I love wearing them with shorts or skinny distressed jeans or white jeans. I feel like it's just a simple, pulled together look for me. I am not talking a cotton tank top, more like a dressier tank or cami. The look is cool and comfortable, or at least I think it is!
These are a few of my favorites from recent Target trips...
White, eyelet, tank in the Summer... you can't go wrong. And for under $25 you really can't go wrong.
Women's Eyelet Knit to Woven Tank - Knox Rose̢㢠White - image 1 of 2
I love this style neckline. It is so flattering to the shoulderline and well I do love me some gingham! This one also comes in a pink gingham, but I think the black & white would look great with black shorts and wedges.
Women's Gingham High Neck Tank - Universal Thread̢㢠- image 1 of 3
This blue embroidered tank is adorable. I love the swing style fit and it has a fun tie on the back. This would be cute for the 4th too!
Women's Embroidered Tie Back Tank - Knox Rose̢㢠Dusty Blue - image 1 of 2
This tie front tank is simple and casual, but the tie gives it a little something extra. It comes in red, white & blue and any of those would also be great for the 4th!
Women's Tie Front Tank Top - Universal Thread̢㢠- image 1 of 3

We are ready to celebrate this first full weekend of Summer with a few baseball games, dinner with friends and Paul & I are heading to see Zac Brown Band in concert. The perfect weekend to say hello to Summer!!  If only it wasn't forecasted to rain!

Have the best weekend! See you on Monday, there's always room for one more at our family table.
xoxo
Genevieve
8 comments on "Friday Favorites...Hello Summer!"
  1. Your sweet girl IS smiling so big!! She's so proud!! I love it. ALL of those tanks are totally on point but I love that first white one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww..Thanks so much!!! She had the best week! And yes that white one is a favorite!
      Have a great weekend!
      Gen

      Delete
  2. Isn't it so fun to see your girl blossom out of her shell?!?! I have enjoyed it with my own daughter. She is headed to 5th grade in the fall. Those tops are all wins in my eyes! Have a super fun weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it's so fun!! I love watching them blossom each year! Thanks for stopping by!
      Gen

      Delete
  3. Ella is beaming with pride! Congrats to her! Your salad looks AMAZING and give me all those tops!!!! Happy summer vacation time!!! - Shannon @slayitagainshan.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. How wonderful to invite all the neighborhood kids over for a party! We had grilled shrimp one night for dinner too and I think it's one of my new favorite summer foods; it's so good with everything.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such a fun party!!! And give me all the grilled shrimp!!
      Happy Summer!

      Delete

Custom Post Signature