Food, family, and fitness... all with a bit of style.

How We ... Wednesday... Plan our Summer Vacations

Happy Wednesday friends!!! Today I am linking up with Shay & Erika for How We Wednesdays. Some fun topics on "how we do" life... and today's topic is about planning Summer  Vacations!
And I have to say the thing I love most about Summer is no plans! So I probably won't have a ton of grand ideas in this post. We are kind of a laid back.... stay up late....sleep in later....and have all kinds of fun Summer family!

Last Summer I worked full time, so they spent a lot of time with my parents. My mom was an elementary school teacher, so she does offer a pretty great Summer program for the kids. Ha! And they have a great pool and waterslide.... and the best snacks according to the kids!
Seriously though, they have their Summer traditions with my parents and sister.... trips to the zoo, museums, movies, park, lots of swimming, and every year they take a trip downtown to visit my Aunt at work. They have had the best Summers at Camp Granny & Papa.

As we start this Summer, I am not working so I am hoping to do some fun stuff with my kids!

These are just a few of our Summer Fun To Do's...
Trip to the Dollar Store
Lemonade Stand
Ice Cream for Breakfast
"Chopped" in the Sandbox (kids make sand creations and we judge)
Water Ballon Fight
Reading lots of great books
Slip N Slide
Family Golf Outings
4th of July Parade
Craft Storefor Supplies
Trips to the playground
Minor League Baseball Game
Lots of Uno on the water
Bike ride to town for lunch
Drive In Movie night
We just love Summer and try to soak up every second of it and we are lucky to do so by the water. Summer in Buffalo is beautiful, and we make plans to enjoy every minute of it.
So I guess in a nutshell, we try to plan a few fun things.... one vacation..... and a whole lot of fun! And by the time September rolls around, we are begging Summer not to go....
If you missed our other How We Wednesday, you can check them out here.
And this is what's coming up later this year...
So be sure to check in the second Wednesday of each month for a little peek at "How We....." do life!

And speaking of Summer plans, I shared my recipe for Key Lime Cupcakes yesterday. They are the perfect little Summer dessert!
See you tomorrow, there's always room for one more at our family table.
xoxo
Genevieve
3 comments on "How We ... Wednesday... Plan our Summer Vacations"
  1. A laid back summer is just the best! I bet the weather up there is gorgeous during the summer months. I'm jealous since it's so hot here in Houston! Tanya - The Other Side of the Road

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laid ba k and tons of fun! It will. E an awesome summer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds like a great summer! Thanks for the reminder to check out the Drive-In movies in my area.

    ReplyDelete

Custom Post Signature