Food, family, and fitness... all with a bit of style.

Friday Favorites

Well this is a bittersweet Friday...the last Friday of Summer Vacation. My crew goes back to school on Tuesday. We had the best Summer and to be honest, I think we are ready to get back into a routine. I would just like to do so while keeping the warm weather.😉
As always, I am linking up with three of my favorite blogging friends, ErikaNarci & Andrea .


one
I am still reminiscing about all of our Boston fun!! If you missed my recaps, you can check it out here.
Inline image
Gosh I just loved that city. And you can read why this was one of my favorite moments of our trip.....

two
Last Friday we took an impromptu boat ride after dinner and it was a beautiful night.
 There is something about the air that changes here in mid-late August. 
It's a sign of Summer leaving...and it makes for the most beautiful nights!

three
Two random new food finds to share with you. First up are these mini flavored seltzers. My kids thought they were so fun! Ella picked Unicorn Kisses and Luke the Yeti. 
They are a fun little drink and would be adorable at kid parties!
Second is these Kodiak waffles. I love their waffle mix and it's all I use to make pancakes and waffles.
 They have like 3 times the protein of a normal waffle, so you stay full longer. I got the buttermilk vanilla flavor and they are amazing. They have a dark chocolate option too!!!  Add a little peanut butter or almond butter and a side of fruit and breakfast is done!

four 
Ella had her orientation for middle school this week, and while her being in middle school already is not a favorite... her excitement for it is! 
Inline image
She has been so excited for all things middle school since 5th grade ended in June. She could not wait to buy her supplies and find our her base. Middle school in our town is a big adjustment. Our 4 elementary schools all feed into one middle school. So the first year is nearly quadrupling the number of kids in your grade, having a homeroom, locker and switching rooms for classes. Ella is super organized and loves all of this extra responsibility! 
Inline image
She will have the best year....even if I am not ready to come to terms with the fact that she is already in middle school. And when orientation day has food trucks, you know it is going to be a good year!
Inline image

five
We had a crazy rainstorm after dinner on Wednesday, followed by the most beautiful double rainbow.
Inline image
It's pretty amazing what mother nature can do!!!

six
Ella had plans with a friend yesterday, so I got to spend some one on one time with Luke. We did Panera for lunch and some shopping at Target. The best part was as he looked at the last piece of his cookie at Panera, he broke it in two pieces. He handed me a piece and said "Cheers Mama". Love this boy!
Inline image
Then last night he got a fresh new cut for school!
Inline image
And I can't leave Maddie out... she got a fresh look too!
Inline image

If you missed Wednesday's post, I shared a little peek at what we have been up to the last month!
We are packing in anything Summer this weekend! Paul and I are doing dinner with friends, on the boat, to one of our favorite spots on the water.
 Tomorrow we have an end of Summer Bash at a friends' house and the weather looks like boat time for the rest of the long weekend!
And I probably need to schedule in a big grocery trip... lunches need to be packed next week!!
Have the best weekend friends! See you nest week, there is always room for one more at our family table.
xoxo
Genevieve
5 comments on "Friday Favorites"
  1. Those sparkling waters are adorable! Enjoy your end of summer bash!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The photos I saw look great, but several were not showing up on my ipad. Have a great labor day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. In our town middle school starts with 5th grade and it is a HUGE adjustment. Hope the year goes so well for her.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're weekend sounds like a breath of fresh air! Girl, we will keep these 90 degree days on into October here where I am. (Now that I have said that watch it turn ridiculously cold!) Middle school here is two elementary schools feeding into each middle school so that's three middles and six elementary however....we have ONE high school. So that means three middles with about 320 kids entering high school each year! Crazy. OK summer it up gorgeous! xo Amanda @ cardiocabandakeyboard.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those waffles look delicious. I just tried a Kodiak muffin mix, and my kids loved it. I need to get the big box of their baking mix. Hope you had a blast wrapping up summer this weekend. Tanya - The Other Side of the Road

    ReplyDelete

Custom Post Signature