Food, family, and fitness... all with a bit of style.

Something New for Your Family Table Week #30 Chickpea "Chicken" Salad

Happy Monday my friends!! I have a fun recipe to share today. So in my quest to eat more plant based meals, I stumble on this recipe for a chickpea based "chicken" salad. I grabbed the ingredients to try it out and it is amazing! I just tried it last week and have already made it twice! 

The ingredients are pretty simple. You can use dried dill if you don't have fresh on hand.
I followed the recipe as written with one exception. It called for 1/2 cup of mayonnaise and well, I just can't do mayo. Something about the texture and the sound when you put a spoon into it...I just can't! So I subbed in 1/2 an avocado and 1/4 cup of plain Greek yogurt.
Inline image
It's so good in a pita with some lettuce or on a bed of greens.
You can grab the full recipe here.
 A great option for lunch or a quick dinner!
Inline image
Have a great Monday friends! See you tomorrow for Day 1 of our Boston trip!
There is always room for one more at our family table.
xoxo
Genevieve
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

Custom Post Signature