Food, family, and fitness... all with a bit of style.

What's Up Wednesday....August Edition!

Well here we are...the last Wednesday in August and the last few days of Summer Break! I know a lot of the country is already back into the school routine, but we are over here searching for the last few days of Summer Vacation!
Today I am linking up with ShayMel and Sheaffer for What's Up Wednesday... August Edition. 

 A fun monthly post where we answer these questions....


What we're eating this week......
I shared this recipe for Chickpea "Chicken" Salad and it has been on repeat for my lunches! Paul ate it and didn't realize it wasn't even chicken!

Inline image
And this Crab, Corn & Zoodle Pasta has some of my favorite tastes of Summer wrapped into one dish!


What I'm reminiscing about.......
Last week we took a trip to Boston and it was the best!!! We had so much fun and we LOVE Boston!

Boston
I shared some details from Day 1 yesterday and will share some more here tomorrow.

What I'm loving.....
Being home with my crew. This is the first Summer I have been home with the kids and I have loved every minute of it!
Ok....maybe not EVERY minute... but most minutes! Ha!

What we've been up to......
We have just been enjoying the last few weeks of Summer. The kids went to the County Fair with friends. I am not a fan of the Fair, so I was so thankful when they got the offer to go with friends. And then they each came home with a new pet....
Sadly they did not survive the week.
We had a great time at the beach with friends.
And made a fun stop to the Toronto Aquarium.

What I'm dreading....
You know I should probably say I am dreading school and activities and all that, but truth is, I am not. We had an awesome Summer- did a lot of fun stuff and had a lot of down time and I think we are all ready to get back into a daily routine.
Image result for moms on first day of school meme

What I'm working on......
Purging and cleaning out everything. I am in awe of the amount of stuff we have collected (and kept). I have made a big dent this week and have donated and tossed so much.
It's a very freeing feeling. And I cannot wait to do more when the kids are at school, they seem to want to hold on to a lot more things junk.😉

What I'm excited about......
I am coaching Girls on the Run at Ella's Middle School. She has wanted to do this program for a few years, but it never worked out scheduling-wise. This year it works and they were in need of a coach, so I am so excited to jump in!! I went through a coach training program yesterday that was just awesome!! I cannot wait to get started!

What I'm watching/reading.....
Paul and I are obsessed with Power... and I am so bummed there are just 2 episodes left in the season. I feel like I wait and wait for a season to come back and it goes by so darn fast!
I am currently wrapping up this one....
The It Girls: A Novel
and I shared my Summer Book Review last week.

What I'm listening to......
Well as we are in the last week of Summer Vacation, I am hearing a lot of "why do I have to get up so early?" I am lucky in that my kiddos are sleepers and they have slept until 9 or 10 most Summer mornings. So this week I have been opening their doors a little earlier each day and they are not exactly thrilled. Next week should be fun😉

What I'm wearing......
I wore this bag all over Boston and it was perfect!!
Women's Nylon Crossbody Bag - A New Day̢㢠- image 1 of 3
It's under $25,comes in black and olive and is just the perfect "mom" bag....without looking like a "mom" bag. See it's cute, stylish and easy to carry!
As we roll into September, I will be breaking out my booties and wearing some of the new styles from Target. If you have not checked out Target's shoe section lately....what are you waiting for?? They have some adorable styles out this season. Like these....
Women's Dylan MicroSuede Perforation Zipper Bootie - Universal Thread̢㢠- image 1 of 3
I shared a bunch of my other favorite styles here.

What I'm doing this weekend......
We are packing in anything Summer! Paul and I are doing dinner with friends, on the boat, to one of our favorite spots on the water.

 Tomorrow we have an end of Summer Bash at a friends' house and the weather looks like boat time for the rest of the long weekend!
And I probably need to schedule in a big grocery trip... lunches need to be packed next week!!

What I'm looking forward to next month.....
As sad as I am to see Summer leave I am looking forward to a few of my favorite things....
Sweaters, Scarves, Booties, Apple Picking, Plaid, Pumpkin Everything, Evening Fires, Football Season and well I guess all the basic Fall things.


What else is new.....
Not too much! We hit up a little back to school shopping....
And are continuing to enjoy all the Summer Ice Cream!

 Bonus Question...What is your favorite Back to School Tradition??
I guess we have a few.... 
The first day picture...

My mom always drives out to our house to see them off on the first day....
And my crew comes home to some milk and cookies at the end of the day!

So there you have it... a little peek at our life over here in August!

See you tomorrow for part 2 of our Boston trip......there's always room for one more at our family table.
xoxo
Genevieve
2 comments on "What's Up Wednesday....August Edition!"
  1. i make a similar chickpea salad, except i mash up the chickpeas and just use avo. for my husband i chuck some shredded chicken in there because he 'needs' it ;) aw love your back to school traditions, so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can remember winning goldfish as a kid at our local fair and I don't think they ever survived more than a day or two either.

    ReplyDelete

Custom Post Signature