Food, family, and fitness... all with a bit of style.

Weekend Wrap Up - Pumpkins to Peppermint!

Whew..what a busy couple days!! I was kind of looking forward to Monday for things to slow down a bit! Here's a little peek at our weekend...........
While I loved getting some deals online over the weekend, my emails are out of control!
I am most definitely the one on the left, but after the last week I cannot keep up..my inbox is out of control! I need to delete and unsubscribe!
After work on Friday (and a little online shopping), we went to pick up the kids...they had a sleepover at my brother's house.  As we pulled in we found the boys building a snowball wall. Luke in shorts, but wearing gloves. Nicholas in pants and no gloves! I was freezing just looking at them!
We took the kids to meet some good friends in a local college town. Paul & Andy lived across the street together growing up and have had a 40 year friendship. Although we are in New York and they live in Maryland, we make every effort to catch up a few times a year. I am so lucky he married such a great girl... as Keri and I have become great friends! And the kids are close as cousins!
After we ate, we stopped in a cute local coffee shop for something sweet...
Friday night.....we got to decorating!!! We put up our tree and the kids decorated it.
Our ornaments are an assortment of mine and Paul's from when we were younger, things the kids made, and we get an ornament each year we go on vacation.
Here's a few from each year we went to Lake George.

Every year the kids get an ornament from us too. We try to pick something that they did that year or were really into. This year Ella got a Frappucino ornament from Starbucks... she loves getting a little vanilla bean frappucino on our Target trips! Luke has fallen in love with reading this year and I found the cutest little elf on the shelf with a pile of books.
They love getting their ornament each year and I love the story our tree tells.
Paul found his old Lionel train set and worked on getting it up and running. It's over 50 years old and electric... Luke thought it was the greatest thing ever! Maddie was not sure about it!

And I know I have talked about them before.. but seriously... these pajamas!! Love them! They also have a Papa Bear, but Paul was not feeling them.
Target has some of the cutest family PJ sets! Bonus they are 25% off this week and click here for an extra 15% off through today 11/28!
Saturday morning was pretty exciting in our house.... our elf Percy arrived for the season! He came with a fun breakfast straight from The North Pole.

We finished up some decorating.. laundry...cleaning... and grocery shopping on Saturday. A good day to catch up!
Sunday we went to the Bills game with friends... so much fun!!! It was chilly...but the sun peeked out and they won!!

What's on your menu this week?
Here's our plan...
Mon- Salmon Caesar Salad
Tues- Pizza Bar with Green Salad
Wed-Almond Crusted Chicken with Brussel Sprouts & Roasted Potatoes
Th- Cauliflower Risotto with Asparagus & Roasted Shrimp
Fri- Holiday Party
Sat- Pulled Pork with Sweet Potatoes

Ella has her first chorus concert this week and she is so excited! And I will be sharing our Christmas bucket list of fun things we have planned this month. Hope you will join us...there's always room for one more at our family table.
xoxo
Genevieve



4 comments on "Weekend Wrap Up - Pumpkins to Peppermint!"
  1. Such a cute family! The emails are out of control! Every time I delete some, I get back on my phone 5 minutes later and they've already doubled!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your tree looks great! I love all the different ornaments.

    ReplyDelete

Custom Post Signature