Food, family, and fitness... all with a bit of style.

Four Meals for Your Family Table... Week 21

Well that sure was a whirlwind weekend! We packed it all in.... baseball, soccer, swimming with friends, more baseball, dancing, amusement park, slip n slide, ice cream....
The last thing I wanted to do is think about what to cook this week! So it is 4 simple suppers this week, for another busy week. Is your week a bit crazy too? If so, these 4 meals are perfect for your family table.
But first, about last night.....we kicked off Summer with the perfect dinner.
And I tell you, Luke would eat his weight in crab legs!
Now onto the next few days.....
one
On my quest to "mix up" my burgers this year.. I bring you the Chicken Caprese Burger. Fresh and full of  two of my favorite Summer flavors...... basil & tomato. I made my burgers with 1 1/4 pound of ground chicken mixed with 1 TSP of Italian Seasoning (salt free), 1 TSP of salt and 1/2 TSP of black pepper. I grilled them and topped with a slice of fresh mozzarella at the end. Layer the bun with fresh basil leaves, tomatoes and top with the burger. I drizzled it with some herb infused EVOO, but it would also be great with your favorite pesto too.
two 
These are a pretty delicious twist on a taco. Baked BBQ Chicken Tacos are loaded with flavor and will be a new Taco Tuesday Favorite for sure! Even better is the chicken cooks all day in the crockpot! Place 1lb of boneless chicken in the crockpot, along with 2 cups of chicken stock. Cook on low for 6-8 hours. Remove the chicken, shred it and toss with 1/2 cup of your favorite BBQ sauce. I fill the shells with fresh spinach, red onion, the chicken and some pepper jack cheese. Bake at 400 for about 5 minutes, until the cheese is melted.
three
Keeping it simple for Thursday too with Grilled Chicken. I just season the chicken with some salt & pepper and serve with some roasted potatoes....and as always, something green!
four
I really don't think you can beat a simple BLAT on a Summer Friday night. Especially if it's eaten on the patio. We put the A in there for avocado. I spread that on the bread instead of mayo, and we love it on sourdough bread. Pair with some fresh veggies or carrot "fries" and dinner is done!
So there you have it.....four simple suppers for this short, but busy week!
See you tomorrow for What's Up Wednesday....a fun recap of  our life over the last month!
There's always room for one more at our family table!
xoxo
Genevieve

Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

Custom Post Signature