Food, family, and fitness... all with a bit of style.

May Book Review

It's the last Thursday of the month & time for my monthly book review!  I am linking up with Narci over at Grace and Love Blog for her monthly Carpool Book Club.  Be sure to check out her blog for all her picks too!!
                                       If you missed the last few, you can catch up below.....
February Book Review
March Book Review
April Book Review
So this month I checked 2 off my "want to read" list, and read one more from Elin Hildebrand (who has yet to disappoint me!) And I have linked all the books to Amazon, so you can click the picture and add to your cart!
one

As I said Elin has not disappointed me yet.... and I still want to live on Nantucket! The Matchmaker is the story of Dabney Kimball... a lifelong Nantucketer. She is seemingly happy in her storybook life of being happily married, a daughter dating a prominent NY businessman and running all the town's festivities. Until one day her first love....her true love, Clem, returns back to Nantucket. Things seem to unravel for Dabney as she tries to sort through her feelings for Clem. As if it could not get more complicated for her, she receives some shocking news and must face the secrets she has kept and decide who she wants to be with . I really enjoyed the storyline and of course all things Nantucket. This book would be perfect for Summer.... grab a copy and toss in your beach bag!
two
I have wanted to read this book for a few months. It was so darn good I finished it in two days. Now I have really loved my Beatriz Williams books, but this one is a contender for my favorite book of the year. This story is about Lily.. a girl with an unfortunate past, but who is determined to turn it around. She meets Ryle... a wealthy neurosurgeon and it appears her dreams of happily ever after may come true. But after seeing her first love, Atlas again.... things may not be as they seem. Quite a few twists and I really liked how it all turned out in the end. A great story that I could not put down!
three
I can't remember where I heard about this book, but I had it on my read list and grabbed it. This was an excellent story. Much deeper than some  of the lighter reads I have been into and oh so good. The story of Isabelle....a woman in her 80s and her hair dresser. When Isabelle gets a call to go to Cincinnati she asks to take her.... all the way from Texas. These two really connect on the trip and we find out a pretty amazing story about Isabelle and her past. The two have an amazing friendship... one that each benefits from as they share their life stories. It is a great story that teaches you to look past age, race or background and truly see people for who they are.
Three great reads this month! Yay!
Have you read anything great??? Looking for some great summer reads!
See you tomorrow for Friday Favorites...there's always room for one more at our family table.
xoxo
Genevieve
2 comments on "May Book Review"
  1. I'm obsessed with Elin Hildebrand! Loved It Ends With Us as well!!! I'll have to add the last book to my to read list :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also loved Matchmaker! I think it is my favorite besides her Winter Street series!

    ReplyDelete

Custom Post Signature