Food, family, and fitness... all with a bit of style.

Friday Favorites... Summer is Here!!

Hi friends!!! I am so excited for this weekend that is staring today!
Paul is off today and the kids just had a half day, so we decided to start the holiday weekend now! So if you need us for the next 4 days, we will be here....
We have no kids' activities, 80 degree temps and have waited like 8 months for this weather to return!
My favorite season is finally here!

But first, I am linking up with three of my favorite blogging friends, ErikaNarci & Andrea to share a few of my favorites from this week.


one
I have to be honest..my favorite thing from the last 7 days was watching the royal wedding.  I had no real interest in it in the days leading up to it, but I recorded it and found myself up early Saturday morning and watching it....
for 3 hours!!
Oh.my. goodness. First of all, Harry is adorable. Second, Meghan is stunning. And third, I cannot believe that castle or the ride in the horse drawn carriage or that the queen is 92 or that Kate looks that great a few weeks post partum or the sermon by Bishop Curry (who is a graduate of my high school😉). It was like watching a fairy tale come to life.
Image result for harry and meghan wedding photos
I mean it was a wonderful way to spend Saturday morning and had me reminiscing about my own fairytale day😉

two
 This was kind of "Luke's week". We travelled on Sunday to a baseball game to watch him play.

And then Wednesday I got to join him and his friends for their school Fun Day. 
He got really into the tug of war.....
Don't worry... Ella will have her week soon. Her fun day is next week and then her dance recital next month!

three
I got some flowers this week and it's one of my favorite things to do. 
I love looking at all the colors and buy more than I probably need but they all look so pretty! Let me also add that I do not have a green thumb. My mother has the most beautiful gardens and can talk plants with anyone. She asked me what I bought to plant and I told her the colors of things I bought... I don't know the names.... I did not inherit her green thumb!

four
If you need a book to read while sitting poolside or by the lake this weekend, you should grab this one.
It's one of those read it in 24 hours because you need to find out what's happening kind of books. A few followers recommended it to me and it did not disappoint!

five
Last Summer I wanted to try out lots of fun flavors with burgers and it was a delicious Summer! This week I shared my 12 favorite burgers here on the blog. I figure with the kickoff to Summer this weekend it was the perfect time share them. 
You can try a new one every week!
six
 I feel like every store is having some crazy sales this weekend to kick off Summer! You know my love for Target, so I thought I would share some of my favorite Target deals this weekend...
First up let's talk shoes. Shoes for the family are 40% off?!?! Run, don't walk to grab your favorites!
I love wedges and these are perfect for Summer and under $20 with code SAVE40.
Women's Emery Espadrille Sandals - Universal Thread̢㢠- image 1 of 3

This footbed style sandal is all over stores this season. If you don't want to spend the money on an expensive pair, these are a cute alternative and under $14 with the code.

Women's Mad Love Prudence Footbed Sandal - image 1 of 3

Target brings out sandals like this every season and they a hit year after year.  These come in 4 colors and I love the thong style with the back strap. Something about that back strap makes me feel safer walking it them than a regular flip flop. Use code SAVE40 and these are less than $10!!!
Women's Jana Braided Thong Ankle Strap Sandal - Universal Thread̢㢠- image 1 of 3

If you have a wedding or event this Summer that requires heels, you need to grab these. I love the black and the nude. The block heel makes them easier to walk in and they have great reviews on line. and they are about $18 with the code!!
Women's Ema High Block Heel Pumps - A New Day̢㢠- image 1 of 3

Lots of women's tees are on sale for $5!! 
These Universal Thread tees are my favorite. 10 colors, so soft and $5....the perfect time to stock up!
Women's Monterey Pocket V-Neck Short Sleeve T-Shirt - Universal Thread̢㢠- image 1 of 3
The same tee comes in a tank style too. I love that it is a little longer in the back. 10 colors for this one too! 
Women's Lafayette Knit Tank Top - Universal Thread̢㢠- image 1 of 3

Lots of kids' basics are on sale too.. like tees and shorts for $4!! 

And so much swim on sale. I shared my favorite kids' swim styles in this post here.
Boys' Fish Print Swim Trunks - Cat & Jack̢㢠Blue - image 1 of 2
I shard my favorite red, white & blue Summer styles last week. You can check them out here, as a few things are on sale this weekend too!
I could go on and on, but the bottom line is there are some great deals right now at Target! So get shopping!

Have the best weekend friends!! See you back here on Tuesday, there's always room for one more at our family table.
xoxo
Genevieve


2 comments on "Friday Favorites... Summer is Here!!"
  1. I have the Target rose gold faux Birkenstocks and they are super comfy!
    I’m hoping to boat this weekend too!
    Amy
    Coffee and Cocktails at the Casa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been wanting to read that book! I pick flowers based on color and have learned a couple over the years but not many... I tend to kill them by mid summer too since I often forget to even water them.

    ReplyDelete

Custom Post Signature