Food, family, and fitness... all with a bit of style.

Friday Favorites

Hey friends!! Gosh this week flew by! We were busy and had beautiful weather too.. it was a great week!
As always I am linking up with three of my favorite blogging friends, ErikaNarci & Andrea to share a few of my favorites from this week.

one
We kicked off baseball season this weekend and it was fun to watch Luke play again. He is on both a travel and house team, so it is a lot of baseball, but he loves it!
This is the first year that kids pitch the whole game. Last year they had a combination of machine pitch and then kids would pitch, but the coaches would step in after 5 pitches. 
While it has made the games feel a bit on the longer side (there are a lot of walks), Luke love pitching. He does pretty well at it too, so my favorite has been watching him pitch!

two
Ella had her Spring Chorus/Orchestra concert last night and oh.my.word. She tried out for a solo. Now my girl was once so shy and reserved in kindergarten & first grade, so to see her doing all the things just makes me so happy! 
Funny thing is she told me she got the solo part and I was like for singing or playing violin? She said, well it's playing the ukelele. Now I had never heard her play the ukelele. Honestly did I even know what a ukelele looked like? She said they had learned to play in school. I did not know what to expect, but she did amazing!!!
So, so proud of her!

three
I shared some tips on  transitioning to a Spring wardrobe this week. We have a crazy Spring, or actually more like a shortened version... remember it was snowing her not too long ago. 
Anyway, my go to Spring look is almost always skinny jeans and a cute sleeveless top. I think it's a fresh look and I can always layer a jacket if it's cooler. 
I shared a few favorite tops I picked up this Spring and bonus... they are  all under $20!!
You can shop my looks  here.

four
All of a sudden this week everything has turned green! After a long,long winter it's so nice to see everything back in bloom. A few weeks ago I lost my job and I shared my thoughts around that yesterday. You can check it out  here. I am taking this break to enjoy all the things... like reading on the patio with my lunch.

five
These Strawberry Oat Bars are one of my favorite Spring treats to make. They are made with some simple ingredients and are perfect as a treat after school or for this Mother's Day weekend.
 You can easily sub in any berry... I have made them with raspberries too and they are delish! You can grab the recipe  here
ps...I don't do the vanilla glaze...they are sweet enough with the berries.

I hope all you Mamas out there have a nice Mother's Day weekend!! I saw this quote and thought it was perfect.
See you on Monday...there's always room for one more at our family table.
xoxo
Genevieve


2 comments on "Friday Favorites"
  1. Your girl is so brave. Never would I be brave enough to do a solo!! Those bars look amazing! Hope you have a wonderful Mother's Day this weekend! - Shannon @slayitagainshan.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope Luke has a great season, and that is so awesome about Ella. It looks like she loves music! I will check out those strawberry oat bars...they sound delicious!

    ReplyDelete

Custom Post Signature