Food, family, and fitness... all with a bit of style.

New Beginnings.....

Hey friends... so a few weeks ago I shared this quote...
Image result for one door closes another opens quote
Well the reason behind that is I kind of unexpectedly lost my job. It still feels funny to say/write that. I say kind of unexpectedly, as I had seen some changes happen where positions were being "consolidated" so it didn't completely shock me, but there was obviously still that initial shock. I mean... I lost my job.
It went like this.  
My boss flew in to town unexpectedly, he asked me to meet him and he delivered the news. 
Pretty simple.

The crazy part is I had a job with a company car, computer, and cell phone. So in losing my job, I lost all of that... on the spot. It's typical in these district/regional positions to lose all that when ending employment, but still it was kind of surreal.

I gathered my things from my car...which was a random assortment...a snow brush and two camp chairs in the trunk. #totallyrandom
Then I did what anyone would do... I called my mom.
Let's be real, I need my mom now at 40, as much as I did when I was 4.
So my mom came and picked me up, along with my camp chairs and snow brush. 
I called Paul and we both kind of laughed..... like I said it was still a bit surreal and we have to believe things happen for a reason.

So the last two weeks I have been adjusting to my new normal of being home full time. 
I have to admit a few things....
One, this could not have happened at a better time of year. May is just crazy with the kids' schedules and well, the weather is beautiful! 
Two, I don't know how I worked full time and got the rest of my life done! I mean the last two weeks I have been busy,  I don't feel like I have had a ton of time to do nothing!

But let me tell you, yesterday I felt relaxed for the first time in a long time. I was getting things done, but not feeling rushed. Now, when I was in the throes of working full time and managing home life, I think I did a pretty good job of staying balanced. There were not a lot of times where I felt like I was overwhelmed.  So it's not like I felt stressed before, but yesterday there was just this sense of calm that felt really nice. 

What's next???
This month I am soaking up all the things with my kids- field trips, fun days, random visits for lunch, maybe an early pick up from school for ice cream! 
I have a list of a few projects at the house I wanted to get done and a few lunch dates with my girlfriends. 

I loved the challenge I had with my job. That's been what has driven me most of my adult life. I thrive on having a few plates to balance. Whether it was in my 20's as I worked full time, got my MBA full time and planned our wedding. Or in my 30's as I had two little ones and decided to open our own bakery. Then transitioned back into the workforce with busy kid schedules and started this blog. 
I just function better with being challenged in a few different ways.
But maybe that's different as I start my 40's.  Maybe less is more. 
I do think things happen for a reason.....that there is a bigger plan out there for me. 
So for now I am going to enjoy the calm, my family, and the sunshine as I wait to see what' s next 😊

Have a great Thursday friends!
See you tomorrow for Friday Favorites, there's always room for one more at our family table. 
xoxo
Genevieve
2 comments on "New Beginnings....."
  1. So sorry to hear- but you seem to have a great attitude and peace about it! I will pray for you that everything works out! By the way, I just found your blog recently and love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww...thanks so much for the sweet comment. So glad you found my blog!!

    ReplyDelete

Custom Post Signature