Food, family, and fitness... all with a bit of style.

What's Up Wednesday.....May Edition

Hi friends! Is tomorrow really the last day of May??? As I sat down to write my blog posts this week I realized it was What's Up Wednesday...how the heck did we get through May already?  It was a fun and busy month, so I have lots of good stuff to share with you all today! 
As always, I am linking up with a few of my favorite blogging friends, ShayMel and Sheaffer for What's Up Wednesday....May Edition. 

 A fun monthly post where we answer these questions....

What we're eating this week......
It is officially feeling like Grilling weather here, so we have been grilling all the things! Last weekend we did a clambake on the grill and it's a favorite Summer dinner here. I shared how I do it in a post yesterday. It's so simple and such a fun dinner!
I am also a big fan of burgers in the Summer. I like to try a new and different one each week.

You can see my 12 favorites from last Summer here.
I also made this Grilled Mediterranean Eggplant and it was amazing!!

What I'm reminiscing about.......
Um this adorable little man in his bow tie...
I mean he was just the most handsome guy making his First Communion.
We had a sweet party after to celebrate and I shared all the details here.

What I'm loving.....
After the longest Winter ever, I have been LOVING the weather these last few weeks!
I mean hello boat weather!!

What we've been up to......
Gosh, May seems to hold all the events for my kids....
Ella had her chorus and orchestra concert....
 and Luke has played all the baseball....

What I'm dreading....
These are the last few weeks of Ella in elementary school. She is off to the middle school next year. As much as I love watching her grow up, I am dreading the last day of school, when she and Luke get on the bus for the last time together...
Image may contain: 1 person, tree, outdoor and nature
I mean I just put her on for kindergarten like a minute ago!

What I'm working on......
Right now I am working on this blog. I lost my job about a month ago and have really been enjoying the break.
Image result for one door closes another opens quote
I shared my thoughts about this next chapter , and so for now I am working on me😊

What I'm excited about......
Next weekend we are heading to see Thomas Rhett in concert with some friends and then Zac Brown a few weeks after that! I was not into country music until a few years ago and now I am hooked on a great Summer country concert with great friends!
Image may contain: 4 people, people smiling

What I'm watching/reading.....
I read 5 great books this month and I will share my book review on Tuesday. But if you can't wait and need a good one for the weekend, I would grab this one....
Or you can check out my last book review here.
And we need something new to watch. Paul and I like to watch a series together and are looking for suggestions for what to start next. We have loved Homeland, Billions, and Ray Donovan. We just finished Ozark and tried Game of Thrones but just could not get into it!
So if you have any suggestions, let me know!! I have heard good stuff about The Crown, and after watching the Royal Wedding I think I might start that one!

What I'm listening to......
We have two bird nests in the trees by our patio and I love listening to the babies everyday!!

What I'm wearing......
I have been loving  this sleeveless top  and it is so much cuter on that it is on the hanger. I love the pop of pink with the olive. It looks great with light or white denim!
Olive top
And those are my favorite Sperry shoes that I have in grey and blush!
This wrap front tank is so flattering! It wraps across the front and is stitched at the chest so you don't have to worry about it being too low. The back is a bit longer and I'm telling you, you need to grab this tank. It's under $15 and comes in three colors.

What I'm doing this weekend......
We had fun plans for a little getaway this weekend, but it looks like the weather is not going to cooperate... bummer! But we still have some fun things going on, Luke has 2 baseball games and Ella is celebrating her friends' birthday at a "Slime" themed party. She is so excited!

What I'm looking forward to next month.....
Ella has her dance recital and I can't wait to see her. She loves dancing and just shines when she is on stage, so it's always a fun weekend.
Lots more baseball, boat time, visits to my parents pool, later nights playing outside, school getting out, concerts... pretty much all the Summer things!!

What else is new.....
Did I mention we have been loving the warmer weather? Here we are last weekend, on our maiden voyage for this boating seaon!
 Maddie got her haircut. There are some dogs that can pull of tiny bows in their hair and some that cannot. I think she is the latter.
She had that look like "Mom, please take these out!"

Bonus Question.... What's your favorite Summer Salad??
I am not big on a lot of typical Summer salads, with the exception of my mom's tuna macaroni salad.
I love fresh Summer fruit in my green salads though... peaches or berries...now that I love!!

I shared a post last year with all my favorite salads, in case you need some salad inspiration!
Favorite Salads

And that's a wrap on What's up with me! 
See you soon....there's always room for one more at our family table.
xoxo
Genevieve
4 comments on "What's Up Wednesday.....May Edition"
  1. I loved the Wife Between Us....CREEPY and good!!
    Thanks for linking up with us! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes.. so creepy good! And I thank you- I love this link up! Happy Summer!

      Delete
  2. I love caprese anything and must try a caprese burger! What a fun idea to try a new burger recipe each week; I love that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh it's so good,you should for sure try it this Summer! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

Custom Post Signature