Food, family, and fitness... all with a bit of style.

Friday Favorites...Spring is Finally Here!

 TGIF friends!!!!  We had the craziest weather week here....

I mean we had snow Sunday morning... it was 80 on Wednesday... and yesterday was a Spring rainshower all day!?!  But despite the nutty weather, we had a great week!
As always I am linking up with three of my favorite blogging friends, ErikaNarci & Andrea to share a few of my favorites from this week.
one
My favorite thing from this week was seeing this guy make his First Holy Communion. And I am not ashamed to say my favorite part of the day was seeing him in this suit and bow tie.
There is something about a little boy that gets dressed up that just melts me. Maybe it's because he is in sports clothes all day. Or maybe it's because he looks like a mini version of Paul. Or maybe because he was so pumped to be wearing his bow tie (in Boston Celtics green). 
I'll share some details on his party next week, but it was a great day with our family & friends.
I had a really cute dress to wear to this Communion, but the morning of it was snowing. Yes, snowing here on April 29th and my dress was sleeveless. So black pants it was. I feel like this darn weather has us in black pants for every single holiday!! Anyway, I grabbed  these earrings  at Target to jazz up my outfit and I loved them! For less than $15 I think they are a super fun earring for Summer!

SUGARFIX by BaubleBar Hoop Earrings with Fringe - image 1 of 2
They also come in this adorable multi too!
SUGARFIX by BaubleBar Hoop Earrings with Fringe - image 1 of 3
two
Friends... I think Spring has finally come to our neck of the woods!!! Yes we have been patiently waiting.....apparently April was just an extension of Winter. But it is here and it is glorious!
This week was filled with all things outside, sunshine and a little extra pep in my step!
Reading on the front porch while I wait for the kids' bus is a favorite part of my day.
And this week Paul was pumped for the first lawn mow of the season.

three
Last week I shared one of my most favorite cupcake recipes. These White Chocolate Raspberry Cupcakes are so, so good. If you need to make something for a Spring birthday, or shower, or Mother's Day...these are perfect.
No automatic alt text available.
White Chocolate Raspberry Cupcakes

four
I shared my book review here yesterday. I read 5 books, and I didn't really love any one of them. That makes me a little sad, so if you have any great books I need to read...please drop them in the comments!!

five
Three years ago we brought this little pup into our life. This picture popped up in my facebook memories and oh.my.gosh!
I have shared before that I was never really a "dog person" until we got our Maddie,  but now I can't imagine life without her.
The bond she and the kids have is just the sweetest and I am so glad the kids get to grow up with her!

And I can't go without saying Happy Birthday to Paul. He is just the best guy a girl could have by her side.
Image may contain: 2 people, people smiling
I am so lucky to do life with him and am looking forward to celebrating tonight!

Hope you have the best weekend! If you are looking for us, we will be at the ball park...Luke's opening day is tomorrow 😉
See you on Monday, there's always room for one more at our family table.
xoxo
Genevieve
2 comments on "Friday Favorites...Spring is Finally Here!"
  1. What would we do without our dogs?! Such a special bond we have with them! Those cupcakes look absolutely delish! I'll have to check them out! Have a great weekend! - Shannon @slayitagainshan.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am definitely going to check out that cupcake recipe! I too read 4 or 5 books last month and only really loved The Storyteller by Jodi Picoult; the rest were just meh. I feel that way about the Danielle Steel I'm reading right now too. I need to find some really good books again!

    ReplyDelete

Custom Post Signature