Food, family, and fitness... all with a bit of style.

How We Wednesday...Transition our Wardrobe

Happy Wednesday friends!!! Today I am linking up with Shay & Erika for How We Wednesdays. Some fun topics on "how we do" life... and today's topic is a fun one!
This month's topic is How we transition our wardrobes. Well let me tell you, we probably transition a lot less up here, as our seasons are a bit shorter...except Winter. That one goes on forever!
Spring technically started on March 21, but it snowed here 10 days ago...so I am just now transitioning to Spring, and Summer will be here before we know it!!

I do transition my closet twice a year. Usually in the Spring (like now) and again in November. I do a full overhaul in there and try to donate anything I did not wear that season/year and toss anything that has seen better days. I am actually in the middle of doing it right now. And while we are talking about the closet, I have to share this.....
Womans Closet Quotes

I don't have some fancy closet system, it's pretty basic. I do like to keep my hanging items organized by color... for whatever reason that makes me happy.

So once my closet is all set I can work my transition wardrobe. My Spring attire is usually some sort of skinny denim and a sleeveless top. I feel like it looks fresh but I can always add a jacket if I am cold and I am not exposing my legs to the world yet. After what feels like 7 months of Winter....my legs need a spray tan and I keep them under cover a bit longer.
I am pretty good with all my denim, so I just like to get a few fun tops to mix it up. And I am sick of wearing black and grey all winter, so I try to add in color wherever I can!

I picked up a few great transition pieces last week at Target  and thought I would share them here. And bonus, they are all under $20!!

This one is so much cuter on that it is on the hanger. I love the pop of pink with the olive. It looks great with light or white denim!
Olive top

This wrap front tank is so flattering! It wraps across the front and is stitched at the chest so you don't have to worry about it being too low. The back is a bit longer and I'm telling you, you need to grab this tank. It's under $15 and comes in three colors
Wrap Front Tank

Again this is one that is way cuter on than hanging in the store. Adorable with white jeans, and it also comes in navy. Perfect for Memorial Day Weekend!
Flutter Sleeve Top

This one is a little dressier and is great with black jeans or pants. I think it will be cute in the summer with black shorts and wedges for a night out too!
Fringe Tank

This sweater tank is the prettiest jewel green color! I love the neck/shoulder line and the back swings open. The open back makes it such a fun look for a Spring or Summer night out!
Green Open Back Tank

If you missed our other How We Wednesday, you can check them out here.
How We Set Goals
How We Take Care of Ourselves
How We MomFail
And this is what's coming up later this year...

So be sure to check in the second Wednesday of each month for a little peek at "How We....." do life!

Have you found any great transition pieces?? Love for you to share them with me!
See you tomorrow, there's always room for one more at our family table.
xoxo
Genevieve
2 comments on "How We Wednesday...Transition our Wardrobe"
  1. These are the most adorable tops! I really love the olive and the flutter sleeve one. So fun!
    - Shannon @slayitagainshan.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute tops! I just ordered the flutter sleeve but in navy.

    ReplyDelete

Custom Post Signature