Food, family, and fitness... all with a bit of style.

June 2018 Book Review

Well somehow we are 12 days into July and I am just getting around to sharing my June Book Review. Summer reading is usually my favorite and I knock out some serious reading, but I started June a little slow. We were busy doing all the Summer things and I only got to 3 books in my "To Be Read" pile! Good news is that I was happy with all three books! So here we go, a peek at what I read last month.....

one
First up I read this one....
So many people have been talking about this and I had to see what all the hype was about. Well it totally lived up to it's hype. It was a laugh out loud, maybe shed a tear it's so real, inspirational, motivational, every woman (especially in the 30-45 year age range) should read. Rachel just tells it how it is....sometimes painfully honest and sometimes full of humor.  With chapters like "I'm Not a Good Mom" or "I'll Start Tomorrow" it's just an awesome way of saying get over yourself and live your life! Such a great book!

two
 I mean it would not be a Summer book review without some Elin Hilderbrand.
Like most of her books I loved it... easy beach reading. Nothing crazy, just a fabulous story with some connection to Nantucket... a place I need to get to! The story is of an edgy, famous chef that dies, leaving behind his wife, 2 ex-wives, a few kids, and a house on Nantucket. Everyone meets in the Nantucket house to spread his ashes and we learned the stories of all and how they came together. Like I said...a perfect beach (or pool) read.

three
My dad gave me this book and it was a read it in one day book.
My first book by this author and I can't wait to read more. Grace has a sister Millie, who has Downs Syndrome and plans to be her caretaker soon. She meets a wonderful man that is kind to both her and Millie and she feels she has found her prince charming. But things are not what they seem behind closed doors as she learns she has married a monster that has horrific plans in place. She is a prisoner in her own home and fears for her and Millie's safety. This book was in that psycho thriller category, but I could not put it down....in fact, I read it in one day! This author just released this
Bring Me Back
.....and it is in my cart!

I am into my July reading and I am about 100 pages into this one and loving it!!!
I Am Watching You

If you missed my other book reviews this year...

Summer makes me want to read all the books, so if you have any great ones I need to read next, please drop them in the comments!!
Have a great Wednesday!
See you tomorrow, there's always room for one more at our family table.
xoxo
Genevieve
1 comment on "June 2018 Book Review"
  1. I love the Irish End Game books by Susan Kiernan-Lewis. They're about a family who travels to Ireland for summer vacation. While there something happens and Ireland is thrown off the grid; and everyone is forced to deal with the ramifications. I cannot wait until book 12 is released later this year.

    ReplyDelete

Custom Post Signature