Food, family, and fitness... all with a bit of style.

Something New for Your Family Table.....Pumpkin Chili

Hey friends! Gosh I am tired this morning after staying up to watch Boston win the World Series! What a fun group of guys to watch play and even more exciting that we got to see them in action this year!
Give me some extra coffee this morning! Lucky for Luke, the kids are off from school today....he was up way past his bedtime too😉
Now onto our regularly scheduled post! This recipe is perfect for this week. Cooler weather, end of October, and Halloween week. I saw this recipe for Pumpkin Chili over at A Healthy Slice and was so excited to try it.
We all loved it and did not think it was "too pumpkin-y"! I thought it had just the right hint of pumpkin and really helped to make a thick chili.
I followed  the recipe pretty closely, with a few exceptions. It called for green pepper, which I did not have...so I went with a mix of red & yellow.
It also called for jalapeno peppers (2 small). I skipped this. My kids are super eaters, except when it comes to spicy things. I mean they will eat or try nearly anything, but not if they deem it too spicy! So when I cook, I normally tone down the spice level and add at the end for Paul and I. Like with this recipe I sprinkled crushed red pepper flakes on my serving.  
The recipe flowed like most chili recipes, calling for ground chicken. Again, I made a sub with ground turkey, because I had it in my freezer.
Added some beans, crushed tomatoes and a whole can of pumpkin puree. 
As I mentioned earlier, I thought the pumpkin really made it thick. It was a perfect cold, Fall weather dinner!  
And if you missed my Halloween dinner inspiration, be sure to check it out for your Wednesday night dinner!
Have the best week friends! See you soon, there is always room for one more at our family table.
xoxo
Genevieve

Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

Custom Post Signature