Food, family, and fitness... all with a bit of style.

Friday Favorites February 9th

 Happy Friday friends! And just like that, we are one week into February! This month always seems to fly by for me. The kids winter sports seasons are wrapping up and we always escape the cold to get some warmth and sunshine in February, so this month just goes by! Today I am linking up with Andrea & Erika for a little Friday Favorites. A peek into a few of my favorite things from the week. I had a FULL week at work, so not my most exciting week!


one
This sweatshirt! It's a dupe for the Lulu scuba at a fraction of the price. I got it in the coffeegrey color in my true to size medium. I love the high neck and the pocket. I love a good sweatshirt and this one is nice and thick and has a little more shape that a typical hoodie/sweatshirt. 
 I just ordered it in black too. 

two
On Sunday Ella & I got to spend the morning working out together. We did back to back classes at our favorite spot, Clique. First up was a strength training class followed by a spin class. A great way to kick off the week with my girl. 

three
A big part of my health journey these last few months has been paying closer attention to what I eat and how it makes me feel. In working with a nutrition coach and leaning into some of what I have read, protein has become a bigger part of what I eat. I shoot to eat between 110-135 grams per day and have noticed a big difference in how I feel. This lunch is one of my go to meals lately and has 28 grams of protein. It tastes like a deconstructed chicken parm!
I use 1/2 cup of cottage cheese (Good Culture is my favorite), top with 1/4 cup or Rao's sauce and microwave for about 1 minute. I add 3 chicken tenders (I found a pretty clean/organic brand) that I air fry and add some crushed red pepper flakes for a little heat. Add a salad and it's a great lunch. 

And speaking of food, this was a new to me recipe this week. It will for sure be on rotation in our house! Air Fryer Asian Meatballs- we used them in a bowl. My family loves to make a "bowl meal". Take a simple protein and load it up with veggies. We do it all the time with salmon, chicken, beef....there are so many different possibilities. These Asian inspired bowls were delicious. You can see all the details here.


And that's a wrap on this week! After a week of work, track & volleyball practices, and 3 basketball games I'm ready for the weekend! And by weekend I mean a track meet and an out of town volleyball tournament! While our weeks are busy, I love getting to watch  my kids do what they love. So we divide and conquer. Paul is staying with Ella to watch her track meet and Luke & I are off on a roadtrip to his volleyball tournament. 

Have a great weekend friends!
 See you on Monday, there is always room for one more at our family table.
xoxo
Genevieve
1 comment on "Friday Favorites February 9th"
  1. It sounds like you and Ella had a good work out and that lunch looks so good!
    We recently got an air fryer so I'm on the look out for recipes, I think I will have to try those Asian meatballs, I think my family would love them.

    ReplyDelete

Custom Post Signature