Food, family, and fitness... all with a bit of style.

What's Up Wednesday February 2024

Hi friends! It's the last Wednesday of the month and I am linking up with Shay and Sheaffer for a little What's Up Wednesday. I fun post sharing a little food, a little what we're wearing, a little what we're doing, a little what we're watching and a little bit of everything all in one post!


What We're Eating This Week

We are back from vacation this week and I was excited to get back in the kitchen and cook! This was our menu for this week. Paul had a fish dish in Florida that he loved and we are trying to recreate it this week. If it's a winner I'll share the recipe here soon!


I shared an easy recipe this week that will be on your table in less than 30 minutes. You can grab the recipe for these Air Fryer Chili Salmon Bites here.  


We ate a ton of delicious seafood on vacation and this was by far my favorite. I order it every time we come to this restaurant. It's called the Island Salad and has the most amazing mango vinaigrette and I add blackened shrimp. It is Ah- Mazing!!



What I'm Reminiscing About

Last year for Winter Break we took the most wonderful trip to the Bahamas. We stayed at Baha Mar for the week and it was our favorite family vacation ever. The hotel property and food was perfect and we got to swim with the pigs. 


The team at Mix & Match Travel Agency took care of every detail in planning it for us. I should really do a post to recap the trip, I would highly recommend it!


What I'm Loving

Honestly a 2 week break between sports seasons! As much as my kids love playing and we love watching them, between work, school, practices, games and tournaments it's a lot! It's nice to have a couple weeks with a lighter schedule. 


What We've Been Up To

We had a great trip to visit Paul's parents in Florida. We celebrated his Mom & Dad's 82nd & 89th Birthdays. 


We wrapped up the Winter sports seasons for the kids. They each had a great season, Luke in his first year of high school basketball and Ella in her third year of indoor track. As I mentioned we have a two week break before Spring Sports kick off. Luke is still practicing for his club volleyball team, but managing 1 sports schedule is way easier than three!




What I'm Dreading

Honestly......unpacking. We got home Sunday night and this is the status of my bags. 


While I love to travel, I despise unpacking. Maybe it's the reality that the trip is over or it's because I have to put away the 23 extra outfits that I didn't wear. Either way, I don't love it. I took a poll on Instagram to see who was team unpack as soon as you get home and who procrastinated. It seems like more of you are on the ball and getting it done right away. Maybe I should turn over a new leaf???



What I'm Excited About

I have a fun work trip coming up soon, and heading to Orlando. I am flying in a few days early to spend some time with one of my peers. She and I are staying at one of my favorite Disney properties and spending a day at Animal Kingdom.

I had the opportunity to go last year too. Now I have been to Disney several times as a family and Paul and I have been there a few times before we had kids, but going solo. Let me tell you... what an experience! I didn't have to worry about anyone but me.  It was a totally different experience to not be worried about lines and Genie Plus and snacks for everyone. It was just me and a few cocktails around the world. 





What I'm Watching/Reading

I read a few great books on vacation and I plan to share a full recap on them next week. 

The Housemaid's Secret


Apples Never Fall was so good and I am excited for the new mini series coming out that is based on the book!


This is what I am currently reading. 



What I'm Listening To

I have started listening to the Mel Robbins podcast when I am walking on the treadmill. She has so many inspiring and insightful messages to share. The guests she has on really add a lot of value on how to approach so many different facets of life. 


What I'm Wearing

I shared this sweatshirt before and I can't quit it! I have it in 2 colors. It is just like the Lulu scuba for a fraction of the price!


It comes in 16 colors!!!! How cute is this lilac for Spring???

Shay shared this fleece and well its a winner for me. The color is so bright and great for Spring. But if green is not your color, it comes over 30 other colors!


I got these bracelets last Summer and love them. They are just simple and stackable. I pair them with other bracelets I have and they are thin enough to layer with an Apple watch. I have worn them in pools/lakes and all Summer and they hold up well. So many fun colors to choose from.

 
This is the full stack that I have but there a ton of options. 

I also have the neutral stack.   Ella has swiped a few of mine....they would be a great little Easter basket item for your teen or tween!




What I'm Doing this Weekend

Friday night I am volunteering at a fundraiser for the PUNT Foundation. An amazing local organization helping families that are navigating life with a child with a cancer diagnosis. This was me and my girlfriends at the event in the Fall. Such a great night for a an even greater cause!


And then for Saturday and Sunday we have a pretty clear calendar and I am not mad about it!  Maybe I'll get that suitcase unpacked- LOL!

What I'm Looking forward to Next Month

March Madness. I love the college baseketball season and so does my family. We loved hitting a college game to see our favorite Villanova team play a few years ago!

And I cannot believe I am saying this, but we are starting the college tour process with Ella next month. Like, what? How are we here????

She has some top contenders in South Carolina so we are heading there first. We plan to spend some time exploring Charleston. Everyone I have talked to about the area says how much they love it and rave about the food! So if you have been to Charleston and have any must do's or restaurant recommendations, send them my way!!!


Wishing you a great Wednesday. See you back here on Friday...the first day of March! There's always room for one mor at our family table. 

xoxo

Genevieve


3 comments on "What's Up Wednesday February 2024"
  1. Thanks for reminding me to pack my bracelets for our March Break trip! And I mostly unpack when we get home -- if not the day we get home, usually a day or two after that. I HATE unpacking though -- it means the vacation is definitely over :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those vacation photos all look so wonderful (as I sit here inside the house freezing!). My husband and I took a trip to Disney once just the two of us and it was incredible to be there without kids. I'm trying to talk him into going again next year just for fun and food and sun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had a wonderful trip and all of the food looks delicious! I agree, I love to travel but the day after with all the laundry is something else! Hope you have a wonderful week, so nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete

Custom Post Signature