Food, family, and fitness... all with a bit of style.

Something New for Your Family Table Airfryer Asian Chicken Meatballs

Hey friends. I hope you had a great weekend! Ours was busy, but we finally saw a few days of sunshine which was much needed. 

Today I am excited to share a new recipe with you.  I love to be in the kitchen. I find joy in experimenting with new recipes or ideas and make tweaks to make it work for my family or fit it in the time I have to cook. With a full time corporate job and busy kids schedules I am always on the lookout for meals that are healthy and can come together pretty quickly. When I have more time on my hands, I love making something more intricate or challenging, but those days are few and far between. I am forever trying out new recipes- some I find in cookbooks or online and some are my own creations and I want to share them here with you. My hope is to inspire you to get outside your comfort zone (think the same old ground beef taco Tuesday) and try something new that's not super complicated. 

I have found that with a little prep and planning.....and giving yourself some grace.... the "what's for dinner?" chants don't have to be so scary. You can get a healthy meal on the table in less than 30 minutes... I promise!

I stumbled upon this recipe on SkinnyTaste. I tweaked the recipe to make it with ground chicken instead of ground turkey. 

These were so good and gave a new flavor twist to the usual meatball. Meatballs, rice and some veggies are typically a pretty kid friendly combo so I think this makes a great family weeknight meal. You can get it on the table from start to finish in less than 30 minutes. 

Here is what you will need. You can grab the full recipe here.

  • 1 large egg
  • ¼ cup plain panko breadcrumbs
  • 2 large garlic clovesminced
  • 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger 
  • 3 medium scallionsfinely chopped (greens and whites separated)
  • 2 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauceplus more for topping
  • 1 pound 93% lean ground turkey
  • Olive oil spray
  • 3 cups cooked brown rice
  • 2 teaspoons sesame oil
  • 2 cups shelled edamameheated
  • Sesame seedsfor topping
  • Sriracha sauceoptional for topping
  • fresh cilantrooptional for topping

To help get this together even quicker, you can make and form the meatballs ahead of time and just chill them in the fridge until dinnertime. Have your veggies chopped and ready to go in the fridge and it's a pretty hands off meal. If you don't have a small kitchen scooper, you need one. This is a staple in my kitchen. I use it for meatballs, mini muffins, protein balls... its so easy to form evenly sized portions when you are making something in that smaller size.



3 Piece Scoop Set


You can build these bowls however you or your family likes them. We added edamame, cucumbers and shredded carrots. Liquid aminos, sesame seeds and pickled ginger are great finishing touches. If you are like me and looking for a little heat, siracha hits the spot here!

Shredded napa cabbage or sugar snap peas would also be great with this. 

We did ours with jasmine rice, but you can also do brown rice or cauliflower rice. Our grocery store and Trader Joes carry both frozen jasmine rice and frozen cauliflower rice. Those are both staples in my freezer. They are quick and easy to help round out a weeknight meal.

No air fryer- no problem! These meatballs will cook up in the oven at 400 for 20 minutes. 

I shared a reel over on Instagram with some highlights of this meal coming together. Let me know your thoughts if you try these at your house!

Have a great day! I'll see you back here on Monday, where there's always room for one more at our family table. 

xoxo

Genevieve

 

Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

Custom Post Signature