Food, family, and fitness... all with a bit of style.

Friday Favorites...Short & Sweet

Oh Friday... I have been waiting for you! After being gone on our little getaway last weekend and fighting a cold... I feel like I have been one step behind all week! Looking forward to catching up this weekend! I am linking up with  AndreaNarci, and Erika to share a few of my favorites from this week.
one
Reminiscing about our getaway last weekend! We all had so much fun at the waterpark.... riding the slides and floating in the lazy river. It was the perfect little trip to break up the winter! You can check out all fun from our trip here.
two
Speaking of our trip, we passed a Krispy Kreme after dinner and the red light was on. Yes...that red light that tells you the donuts are hot and fresh. Well, we do not have a Krispy Kreme near us, so my kids have never had one. We felt it was our parental duty to stop for one! I mean... it was totally for the kids! #omgtheyaresogood
They thought they were amazing... Luke ate 2!
And he was completely mesmerized watching the whole process! He would call out to me when he saw one that didn't look right.

three
Running!!! So I have officially started training for my first full marathon!!! #whatamithinking  I have run a bunch of half marathons and have always wanted to complete a full one before I turned 40. Well, I will be 40 in December, so it's now or never! Week one of training is almost done, after my 8 miles tomorrow...15 more weeks to go! This week has not been the best weather to run in, so I had to run on the treadmill. Not a fan of treadmill running, except for the fact that I can watch bad Bravo reality TV! Going to brave the elements tomorrow morning for my long run, as there is no way I can stay on a treadmill for 8 miles! My girlfriend...who is also training, sent me a pic of this book...
It looks like such a fun read! That brings me to my last favorite from this week....
four
Reading! This year I am determined to start reading more and I have read 4 books this month, and started another this week. I shared my book review yesterday....if you missed it you can catch up here. Every night at 7:45 the kids and I head up to my bed to read for 30 minutes before bed. It has become such a nice routine with them.

E&L are having a sleepover at my parents this weekend and they are going to see Disney on Ice! Paul and I have both been battling a cold this week, so probably won't do anything too exciting...maybe catch a movie on demand! Hope you enjoy your last weekend in January! See you Monday with 5 meal ideas....there's always room for one more at our family table.
xoxo
Genevieve
ps...if you missed the last few weeks of meal plans, you can catch up here.

4 comments on "Friday Favorites...Short & Sweet"
  1. Good luck on your training!! I have one 1/2 marathon under my belt, but still have the full on my bucket list, it'll happen someday... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just last weekend I had to go through a drive through for doughnuts my kids had never had, Square Donuts. So I totally get it! Good luck with your training and reading.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck on marathon training! Jess at Just Jess

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Genevieve. Recently found your blog and really love it! Not only is it a fun read, but a wealth of useful hints. I especially enjoy your meal planning and healthy eating posts. I know your grocery list must differ every week. I would love to see a list from an average week of groceries. I hope you don't mind my suggestion.

    ReplyDelete

Custom Post Signature