Food, family, and fitness... all with a bit of style.

Hasselback Sweet Potatoes

I have seen these Hasselback Potatoes popping up in photos and on social media and they look amazing! So of course I had to play around and try my own spin on them. Oh....my.... gosh....they were amazing!!!! Here you go....
Ingredients
4 medium organic sweet potatoes
1 TBSP unsalted butter
2 TBSP coconut oil
4 springs of thyme

Sauce
6oz plain Greek yogurt
2 scallions, finely chopped (could also use chives)
Himalayan Salt & Pepper
1.Preheat oven to 400.
2. Wash and dry the potatoes. I recommend organic, to avoid pesticides as you will be eating the skin. If you can't do organic.. just be sure to wash them really well.
3. Place the potatoes on a plate and microwave for about 5 minutes. This helps make it a little easier to slice them.
4. Slice the potatoes thinly about 2/3 of the way through. I found a tip to put wooden spoons on either side to stop you from cutting all the way through. I placed two chopsticks there and that worked too. I also cut off the ends from each side.
5. Place your potatoes on a baking sheet. Melt the butter and oil together and spoon some on each potato, trying to get in between the slices. Sprinkle each with some Himalayan Sea Salt, pepper and some thyme.  
6.Bake for 45 minutes.
While they are baking, you can prepare the topping. Mix the yogurt with the scallions and add salt & pepper to taste. You can top them with a dollop of the sauce or break off the slices and dip them. The outside is crispy and the inside is soft, the perfect mix! Friends.... you need these potatoes....they are soooo good!! We love them with my walnut crusted pork... just so yummy!


Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

Custom Post Signature