Food, family, and fitness... all with a bit of style.

Friday Favorites....Low key week edition

TGIF! This week felt so good to me...I think it was thanks to our Nothing Weekend. I felt really relaxed this week...maybe because we didn't have much going on... but whatever it was.. it felt like a good week! And since it's Friday, I am linking up with  AndreaNarci, and Erika to share some of my favorites from this week!
one
Our new calendar! I love having a calendar hanging in the kitchen. So many people have gotten away from them with fancy planners and apps, but I love a good old calendar filled with all our memories from the year before!  I have a little tip for you if you make a calendar each year. Shutterfly allows you to choose the start and end month of your calendar.  A few years ago I was late ordering and started our calendar for Feb 1. It was the best decision! Now I can fill my calendar with pics from our Christmas and not have to rush ordering it. I take my time in January after the hustle of the holidays to put it together. And my calendar is printed for February-January. It's really a  simple change, but works so great for me!

two
Wednesday date nights. E & L have religion class for an hour on Wednesday evenings and Paul and I take full advantage of that hour! We drop the kids off to class and head to our local coffee shop for a coffee or tea. It's a great chance to catch up with each other... a perfect mid-week treat!

three
My Ipsy shipment! Have you tried Ipsy?? It's so fun! For $10 a month you get a monthly shipment of prestige makeup samples.. some are full size and some are samples. Each shipment comes in the cutest hot pink bubble mailer and you get a new cosmetic bag each month too! I kind of forget I am getting it each month, so it's always a fun surprise to see that pink package in the mailbox.
This month I got a full size gel topcoat nail polish, a great nude lipgloss, the perfect shade of blush, a bronzer sample and a cleanser. Of course it all came in that adorable metallic pouch! If you are not subscribed to Ipsy... you should be......you can find all the details here.

four
Our weekly meal plan....week 2. I have gotten so many sweet messages about the recipes and planning! Thank you so much!
I love to cook and have been planning out our meals for a couple years and am happy to share with you. Anything to help make that dinner hour a little healthier and easier! If you missed the plans, you can check them out here.
And be sure to stop by on Monday, we will be sharing 5 more meal ideas for your family table!

five
This S'mores cheesecake! I made this on Sunday and it was so good! Shay over at Mix & Match Mama shared this recipe last week and I just had to try it.
Paul & I were planning to surprise the kids with a little getaway this weekend, but they seem to fighting a cold 😩. So we will put those plans off for another time! I hope you all have a great weekend. We have some fun posts coming next week.. more recipes, meal planning, and my monthly book review! Hope you stop by.....there's always room for one more at our family table.
xoxo
Genevieve




8 comments on "Friday Favorites....Low key week edition"
  1. I've been watching YouTube videos of the makeup subscription boxes like a crazy person lately trying to figure out which one I want to try!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know...there are a lot of fun subscription ideas out there!!

      Delete
  2. I'm so tempted to get a makeup subscription box....thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Sarah! You should try one.. it's so fun to get surprise makeup!

      Delete
  3. I get Birchbox, and look forward to it every month!

    ReplyDelete

Custom Post Signature