Food, family, and fitness... all with a bit of style.

What's Up Wednesday... April Edition

Happy Wednesday friends!! It's time to link up with ShayMel and Sheaffer for What's Up Wednesday....April Edition. As I type that, it's hard to believe that we are wrapping up April and May 1st is on Monday!
 A fun monthly post where we answer these questions....

What we're eating this week......
Well if we can grill it, we are eating it! One of our current favorites is this Grilled Halibut with Bruschetta. Simple & delicious...my kind of dinner!
You can grab our entire week's meal plan here.
What I'm reminiscing about.....
My Luke turning 8! Gosh the time really does go by so fast, but he is at such a fun age. Loves all things sports, reading, and just cracks us up all the time. We got to celebrate with him at school.
And he had an awesome Lego party with some friends. I shared all the details on the party, and if you missed it, you can catch up here.

What I'm loving.....
This Spring weather! I have just loved being outside so much, although this Spring time does come with a bunch of yard work! Luke has found his new reading spot...
 We have made a few trips to the playground...
 been exploring the creek....
 And shooting lots of hoops!
What we've been up to.....
In addition to loving this Spring weather, Ella did a great job in her dance competition earlier this month...
We have enjoyed getting out to dinner on a few nice nights...
and this dog loves the Spring weather!

What I'm dreading.....
I wouldn't go as far as to say dreading... but it appears every sport/school/dance and church event is scheduled in the month of May. It's all fun stuff... just a pretty busy month!
What I'm working on.....
I talked about my basement in my Workin' It Wednesday post.... and needless to say, I am still working on it!
I am so sharing my after pics when I finish organizing.....but it may be a while!
What I'm excited about.....
Even though I said May is jam packed, I am excited for all of it! Ella has her first orchestra concert. She has been practicing her violin everyday and I can't wait to see her perform. She will also be singing in the Spring chorus concert.
And this guy is playing both house and travel baseball, so we will be at the baseball diamonds all month rooting him on!

What I'm watching/reading.....
We have been into Billions on Showtime. It stars one of our favorite actors from Homeland and is all about some hedge fund owners and the DA that is out to bring them down. It's the second season and is really good.
And both Paul & I like it....always a bonus when you find a series you both like!
I will be sharing my book review tomorrow, but one of the highlights is Along the Infinite Sea by Beatriz Williams. It is my fourth book from her this year, and I just loved it!

What I'm listening to.....
Again, the question that stumps me every month! Not really much to talk about, other than my usual JT radio while I run! I am excited about the new Zac Brown Band album coming out next month!
 It's always good music to listen to when floating on the lake in the Summer. 
What I'm wearing.....
Instead of sharing some favorite outfits, I decided to share some of my favorite beauty products I am currently wearing. This body cream from Philosophy is a favorite for sure. This keeps my skin so soft and has a really nice light fragrance. I just love it!
And I am super sensitive to fragrances and scented "stuff'"! I have trouble finding a fragrance that doesn't give me a headache. This is my answer....
Again from Philosophy, and just a really nice, clean and light fragrance.
This Essie polish in Minimalistic s a perfect Spring color... light with just the right amount of pink!

What I'm doing this weekend.....
We will be at the baseball diamonds a few times! Luke has a birthday party and I think we may tackle some Spring planting.
What I'm looking forward to.....
Running this marathon!!! I am fighting through an injury and really hoping I can tough it out the next 4 weeks and cross that finish line! It may take a lot of ice and ibuprofen but I am determined to finish!
What else is new.....
The boat is out of storage and we are getting ready to put it in the water next week!
And then this will be our weekend view....
Bonus Question... Favorite Spring/Summer Shoe.....
The weather here can be so crazy in the Spring! It can be snowy or 80 degrees. And by Spring, I am usually sick of wearing boots, but it is usually too cold to go with sandals. I find the perfect answer is Converse slip-ons. They are cute, comfy and work perfectly in our crazy Spring weather!

They come in a bunch of colors, but my favorite is the grey!

And that's a little bit of What's Up on this last Wednesday of April! I hope you have had a great month!
See you tomorrow for our book review... there's always room for one more at our family table.
xoxo
Genevieve

2 comments on "What's Up Wednesday... April Edition"
  1. I give you all the credit in the world for running a marathon! Good for you. Our May is jammed too buts it's all fun stuff. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait for grilling season...it's still been rainy here in California....thankful for 80 degrees this weekend so we can grill!
    Thanks for linking up with us for What's Up Wednesday! :)

    ReplyDelete

Custom Post Signature