Food, family, and fitness... all with a bit of style.

Workin' It Wednesday....Making Your Home Cozy

Happy Wednesday friends! Welcome to Workin' It Wednesday. A monthly link up with Shay & ErikaSharing tips for working mamas on keeping it together.

Well grab a warm cup of coffee (or tea) and your fuzziest blanket.....because this month is all about making your home cozy.
I mean just the word cozy makes me want to curl up in a blanket on the couch with a good book.
Here are a few things I do to make our house cozy.
one
You can't get cozy with out a blanket. I have a basket by the fireplace filled with some of our favorite blankets.
Easy to grab one and head back to the couch.
two
Candles. I am really sensitive to most candle scents. They just give me a terrible headache. But I love when the house smells good and I love how candles look. So the only one I can burn is Yankee Candle's MacIntosh Apple.
I love the scent and it doesn't give me a headache. And it smells like applesauce is simmering on the stove.
three
Family pictures. I feel cozy with my family around, so I think family pictures around help your house to feel warm and cozy. I keep a mix of pictures in our entertainment center. It feels "home-y" to me to have holiday decor and family memories in there.
four
This might sound funny...but I always have little bowls of candy in the fall and winter. Something about grabbing a sweet treat just feels cozy.
Friends come over and love to see a little sweet treat. It makes you feel right at home.
five
I think it goes without saying, but a warm fire just makes the house cozy.  Nevermind that in this picture the fire wasn't actually on...but it still looks cozy😉
And that goes for the outside fire too....that feels just as cozy!
 six 
I don't know about you, but a good book at home make me feel so cozy. So I am adding that to my list. 
And my crew would agree with me!
.
seven
These slippers on my feet. I have blogged about these before, and I'm sure I will again.
They are a little pricey, but worth every penny! My feet are always cozy when I put these on. I start wearing them in September and they pretty much stay on until May! And those are Paul's tucked under the table. He loves them just at much!
And last but not least.......
I can't talk cozy without talking about Christmas. That is when my house is THE COZIEST!
 I blogged about our Christmas decor last year.
Yes I am a lover of all things Christmas. And yes I am ok to talk about it and get excited about it in October.

A few of our other Workin' It Wednesdays, in case you missed them......

And a peek at what's coming up later this year.
See you tomorrow, there's always room for one more at our family table.
xoxo
Genevieve
2 comments on "Workin' It Wednesday....Making Your Home Cozy"
  1. Those slippers are calling my name! And I'm loving how early you're talking about christmas ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Custom Post Signature