Food, family, and fitness... all with a bit of style.

How We Wednesday.......

Hey friends! Gosh somehow it is already Wednesday! This week has been so busy, it is just flying by! Excited for today's post, as this year I am linking up with Shay & Erika for How We Wednesdays. Some fun topics on "how we do" life!
So be sure to check in the second Wednesday of each month for a little peek at "How We....." do life!

Last month we talked about how we set goals. If you missed that one, you can catch up here.
How we Set Goals
This month's topic is how we take care of ourselves. A pretty darn important topic if you ask me. I have these two little faces counting on me to be there for all the fun in life.....
so I need to make sure I take care of myself!
Now I will tell you this is something I have gotten better about in the past few years. Because those same two faces were born just 18 months apart, so for a while I was taking really great care of them and did not leave as much time to take care of me.
I will share a little bit about how I take care of me. But keep in mind this might not work for you, and that's ok. Everyone is a bit different, but it's so important to take care of yourself!! I will say I feel like much better Mama when I have done some things for me first.

First up I like to exercise. Whether it's a run with my girlfriends, a round of golf with Paul or working out at home, I feel better when I get moving everyday. So while the kids enjoy some downtime after school or after dinner, I always try to get moving. A few years ago I started running early Sunday mornings with a girlfriend. Just a few miles, but that exercise and conversation was the best start to the week. We would even grab coffee after. It's the best hour of my week!
If you are not a runner... grab your girlfriend or your husband and get out for a walk. It does your body & your mind a world of good!

Over the past year I have fallen back in love with reading. So I have taken some time each day to read. I often read with the kids while they read and it's just so relaxing.

I am not a huge TV fan, so relaxing with a good book helps me to take care of my mind.
I love to cook and find new healthy recipes. So with that I love taking care of myself through eating lots of good food!
Give me all the fresh fruits & veggies. I love seeing and eating all the colors.
I do all the basic things too.... try my best to get enough sleep, wear more sunscreen and take care of my skin. While I would love to say I spend days at the spa to take care of myself that's just not a reality.  But for me moving a little, eating well, spending time with friends, and a little quiet time go a long way.
And obviously a few highlights in the hair and some color on the nails make a girl feel good too!
How about you?? Anything you do to take care of yourself?
Here is what we have to talk about later this year....
See you tomorrow! There's always room for one more at our family table.
xoxo
Genevieve
1 comment on "How We Wednesday......."
  1. Oh my goodness, that pan of veggies looks SO GOOD! YUM! I love to take time to read and of course spending time with girlfriends always refreshes the soul :)

    ReplyDelete

Custom Post Signature