Food, family, and fitness... all with a bit of style.

Something New for Your Family Table #5...Lentil Tacos

Hey friends! Another Monday, another plant based meal for you to share with your family.
I love the whole Taco Tuesday concept. But then again, I could eat some sort of Mexican inspired dish every day of my life.
I saw this vegetarian version of Taco Tuesday from Brittany over at A Healthy Slice of Life and they looked so good.
Bonus...it's a slow cooker recipe! Yes friends, you can dump all the ingredients into your slow cooker for 8 hours and dinner is done.
 I am always on the lookout for healthier crockpot options and this recipe was perfect. The flavors were similar to what you would taste in a traditional beef taco. We layered the lentils into tortillas and topped with our usual taco fixings. You can grab the recipe here.
Another bonus is this recipe makes a lot of lentils, perfect for lunches the rest of the week!
If you want a whole week of meal ideas, here you go...
Be sure to stop by tomorrow, I am sharing my recipe for red velvet cake. The perfect Valentine's treat.
See you soon, there's always room for one more at our family table.
xoxo
Genevieve

Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

Custom Post Signature