Food, family, and fitness... all with a bit of style.

What's Up Wednesday....February Edition

Happy last day of February!!! We have had two straight days of sunshine here and gosh it feels good! Here's to hoping we are turning the corner to an early Spring!
Today I am linking up with ShayMel and Sheaffer for What's Up Wednesday....February Edition. 

 A fun monthly post where we answer these questions....

We had a crazy busy & crazy fun February... here's a little bit of What's Up!

What we're eating this week......
Well we are two months into incorporating more plant based meals into our weekly meal plan and I am loving it! I am going to share a post next month to share what we have found eating more plant based. I share a favorite meatless meal every Monday and these have been a few of our favorites.
Carrot Ginger Soup
What I'm reminiscing about.......
Ella was in her school play a few weeks ago and she did such a  great job!
The sweetest pirate I ever did see! 

What I'm loving.....
The extra daylight!!! I mean the fact that it is still light out after 6pm just does wonders for my soul!

What we've been up to......
We just got back from a great trip to visit Paul's parents in Florida.
I will share our vacation recap next week, but let's just say we spent a lot of time at the beach....
and the pool....
And we all came back feeling refreshed and ready for Summer!

What I'm dreading....
Honestly the amount of mud this dog will track through the house over the next few months.
It's a darn good thing she is cute!

What I'm working on......
Um...not much. I probably should be working on something, but I am not.

What I'm excited about......
Luke's birthday is coming up soon and we are planning an extra special day for him😉 I cannot believe my not so little guy will be 9! Last year we celebrated with a  Lego party.

You can check out the details from that party here.
And for his 7th birthday we had a fun football party!

Luke's 7th Birthday Party

What I'm watching/reading.....
Well obviously we were all watching the Olympics this month! A time when we are all experts in sports we know nothing about!
Image result for watching olympics meme
And yesterday I shared my February Book Review and friends, it was a good one! I read 6 books last month and this one here was my favorite.
Click the link below to see what else I read. It was a good month... I really enjoyed them all!
February Book Review

What I'm listening to......
Ella downloaded the Greatest Showman soundtrack and man I just can't stop singing along!!!
Image result for greatest showman
Obviously this one has also been on repeat in my car...
Image result for man of the woods

What I'm wearing......
I got these slip on shoes for our recent trip and I love them!!!
They are super comfortable and adorable!!
I got the grey color and they look great with black leggings and jeans. I also wore them with shorts and they are super cute.
They have them in blush too... perfect with white jeans or with anything olive!
My kiddos were living in their swimsuits last week and I shared some of my favorite Target styles.
Girls' Sail Away Tankini Set - Cat & Jack™ Black - image 1 of 2
Bonus they are on sale this week... BOGO 50% off! You can check out my favorite looks here.

What I'm doing this weekend......
Luke has a basketball game and that is it!!! YAY!!! After a crazy, busy February and getting back from vacation a few days ago, we are all ready for a lazy weekend!
Image result for lazy weekend quotes

What I'm looking forward to next month.....
Some fun St Patricks Day shenanigans. My kids are always building traps to try and catch the leprechaun.
And he is always leaving a mess in the house! 
While I pack all the green I can into their lunches! 

What else is new.....
Not much else, I think that about covers it!

Bonus Question...What is your favorite Spring Break destination?
Our kids have two breaks. They have a Winter Break during February and then an Easter Break during  Easter Week. We are always ready to get away from the cold and snow, so we travel during the Winter Break. We always spend some of the time visiting Paul's parents in Florida and then we try to discover someplace new. Last year we visited Hilton Head Island and we all loved it! The kids asked to go back there this year too.
It's a great town that is set up to be very bike friendly. You can bike everywhere and I just loved that. Lots of stuff to do and you can rent tandem bikes, to give the kids a break from pedaling.  You can read a little more about that trip here.

What's up with you guys?? Anything fun??

See you soon....there's always room for one more at our family table.
xoxo
Genevieve
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

Custom Post Signature