Food, family, and fitness... all with a bit of style.

Friday Favorites.....Yay for Summer Vacation!

Happy Friday friends! We have been on vacation all week, so this whole week has pretty much been my favorite!!!This post is a list of favorite moments from this week's stay-cation!
am linking up with some of my favorite blogging friends, AndreaNarci, and Erika to share a few of my Friday Favorites. A few  things that made me smile this week!

one
We finally got out on the boat on Monday and it was a beautiful day! The kids each brought a friend  and they had a blast playing in the water....
shooting water guns...
and tubing across the river.....
A great day!
two
Monday night we were downtown for a fundraiser and stopped by this wall I have always wanted to check out and get a pic at.
I asked Paul to take a pic of me and the kids and this was the best we got.
Apparently Luke found it hysterical to stand next to the Buffalo's butt....in true 8 year old boy fashion. So he decided to make faces or turn towards it for every pic.
When I looked at the pics I was like.. seriously? Who was I more annoyed at....Luke for his antics or the fact that Paul took 13 pics and never even noticed what Luke was doing!
three
The 4th of July is just my favorite!! We had a great day. We had plans to ride our bikes into town for breakfast. Well I have not ridden my bike in a while....like years... and Paul was putting air in the tires and one of them exploded. Literally exploded, it sounded like fireworks! I was thankful that I was not cruising along on our ride when it happened! So Amazon primed new tires and hoping to take that breakfast ride another day.
And then it was off to a great party with great friends! The kids swam and played all day and didn't want to leave!
So we stayed for fun, a fire, sparklers and got a fireworks show from a neighboring house.
The day was so fun, I didn't get a pic of the kids in their red, white & blue... so we took a quick one when we got home
Exhausted, partied out, but still smiling!
four
Wednesday we got out on the boat again and went to a local beach. Luke loved digging for treasures on the beach.
Ella and I did some paddleboarding
And so did the boys.
Luke finally decided to try tubing with me too!
After the beach we went to the Drive in with my Mom and Emma. Such a fun spot.
We had dinner & the kids' meals come in the cutest car containers.
Then a little mini golf.
 
Arcade & ice cream.
The owner of the place was chatting with us before the movie started. He asked our names and was going to mention us on the announcements. Then he asked if we wanted to start the movie. He took us into the projection room and showed us the old projector and explained the new digital equipment.
Then Ella got to press play to start the show!
And to top it off he gave her a bucket of popcorn for doing such a great job!
 
five
We were exhausted by Thursday! We did a lot of reading and lounging.... just what we needed after a busy few days.
It has been a full and relaxing week. I am finally feeling like it's Summertime!
This weekend you'll find us at the ballpark for a baseball tournament.
Have the best weekend friends!
See you Monday......there's always room for one more at our family table.
xoxo
Genevieve

2 comments on "Friday Favorites.....Yay for Summer Vacation!"
  1. Wednesday seems like such a fun day! Is paddle boarding hard? I've always wanted to try it but I'm not particularly graceful so I wasn't sure if I could handle it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! How fun to start a movie!! That's awesome! And the pics of Luke and the buffalo's butt totally cracked me up! I wouldn't know, but I guess boys will be boys! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

Custom Post Signature