Food, family, and fitness... all with a bit of style.

What's Up Wednesday.... July Edition

Happy Wednesday friends!! It's time to link up with ShayMel and Sheaffer for What's Up Wednesday....May Edition. 
 A fun monthly post where we answer these questions....

What we're eating this week......
This week I shared a recipe for this delicious Asian Peanut Slaw with Coconut Shrimp. It's a perfect Summertime dinner!
We also have a favorite burger on the menu....
And you can catch the rest of our week's menu here.
What I'm reminiscing about......
How little our pup was! The other day Maddie sat on the back step and I remembered a picture of her from when she was a few months old, sitting the same way.
Two years... can you believe it?? I feel like she was that little fuzzball for like 3 weeks! I love her now, but gosh she was a darn cute puppy!
What I'm loving.....
Starting every weekend morning on the patio. With coffee, a good book & sunshine!
What we've been up to......
Soaking up every bit of Summer we can!!!
What I'm dreading....
Thinking about back to school stuff. We still have lots of Summer left, but August always seems to fly by! And before I know it, I will be taking the annual front porch picture on their first day!
What I'm working on......
I am still working on a new blog design. I have one that I like and am tweaking some details. Hoping to have it up and running next month!
What I'm excited about......
We are exploring a new lake next month. Spending the week at Canandaigua Lake to end our Summer. We took a quick day trip there last weekend to check it out....and it has me even more excited to spend a week there!
What I'm watching/reading.....
I have not watched anything in weeks! I just never seem to watch TV in the Summer. I have read 4 great books this month & I will be sharing my book review tomorrow, so be sure to stop by!
Spoiler alert...this was my favorite!
What I'm listening to......
Kids playing in the yard.
Birds in the backyard trees.
Waves on the lake.
Ice Cream truck song.
What I'm wearing......
My new favorite flip flops! Have you tried the Ipanema brand flip flops? I got my first pair in February when we went to Florida and they are so comfy! (Sorry if you don't like seeing feet!)
Then I picked up this pair that has a back...which are great for walking around.
And they look so cute! Casual or for a Summer night out! Local friends.. you can grab them at Research & Design!
What I'm doing this weekend.....
Well tonight we have a fun festival in our village...The Taste of Orchard Park. A street festival with restaurants sampling all their best foods. I love going and trying lots of food. Then we have an ice cream social in town on Friday night and a Street party on Saturday. Lots of fun happenings in town this weekend.
What I'm looking forward to next month.....
We have two trips planned in August. The first is up to a beach in Canada with good friends. It's just for a few days, but it's the most relaxing get away. Lazy days at the beach all day.. my favorite!
What else is new.....
We had the best time with our friends last weekend. Lots of fun boat time!
And in true Summer form, we have been eating lots of ice cream!
And we made our first batch of slime...
The kids loved it... me... not so much!
Bonus question.........
What's your favorite thing about Summer?
Well in case you cannot tell... all of it. I love all the summer stuff.....
Give me all the Summer......with this guy.....
and these two......
and I am a happy girl! #iloveyousummer
And that my friends is a little bit of What's Up for your Wednesday!
See you tomorrow for our July book review.
There's always room for one more at our family table.
xoxo
Genevieve

4 comments on "What's Up Wednesday.... July Edition"
  1. Summer is the best! I love summertime and really trying to soak up the last of it! I love the slower pace and all the time with my family and kids. I hope you enjoy the rest of your summer with your family. How exciting to have two trips to look forward to!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, give me all the Summer! Enjoy the rest of your Summer!

      Delete
  2. Hello...I just discovered your blog and LOVE it. Can't wait to read your old posts! Keep spreading your JOY!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Julie! Thanks so much for the love... glad you found us!! Have the best day!

      Delete

Custom Post Signature