Food, family, and fitness... all with a bit of style.

Five Meals for Your Family Table...Week 30

Oh my gosh can you believe tomorrow is August 1st??? If you are like me, you will want to be soaking up every bit of Summer you can! So here's one less thing to think about....5 meals to try this week! 
one
I just love a grilled salmon burger. I am lucky to have our local grocer make some delicious ones, but I jazz it up with a simple sauce.  I mix some plain Greek yogurt with a little horseradish, chopped chives and salt and pepper to make the perfect topping. And my kids... well they prefer ketchup!
two
I shared this recipe last night and oh gosh is it good! Fresh peaches make the best salsa. It comes together so quick and is great over some simple grilled chicken. You can grab the recipe here.
three
I love a good burger in the Summer, but not always the big, heavy bun that goes along with it. For this dinner I take a simple steak burger and add it to some romaine. Add some crisp bacon, fresh tomatoes, and crumbled bleu cheese and you have all the flavors of a wedge burger...in salad form!
four
I have found a crockpot meal in the Summer is just as good as in the Fall and Winter. Dinner cooking all day while out on the boat? Yes, please. Here is my recipe for pulled pork. We typically make sliders topped with pickles!
Thinly slice a large onion and lay it in the Crockpot. Place about 3 pounds of pork shoulder on top and sprinkle with salt & pepper. In a bowl, mix 3 TBSP brown sugar, 2 TBSP Worcestershire sauce, 3 TBSP yellow mustard, 2 cloves of chopped garlic, 1/2 cup vinegar, 1 cup chicken stock and pour over the pork. Cook on low for 6-8 hours. Take out the pork, shred it, and dump the liquid, reserving 1 cup. Put the pork back into the Crockpot with 1/2 cup of your favorite BBQ sauce and some of the reserved liquid. Cook on low for another 30 minutes.
five
These Chicken Cordon Bleu Rollups take a little time to put together, but the flavor is so worth it! You can get the recipe here.
Enjoy this first week of August friends!
See you tomorrow for our weekend wrap up. There's always room for one more at our family table.
xoxo
Genevieve
Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

Custom Post Signature