Food, family, and fitness... all with a bit of style.

Something New for Your Family Table Week #13....Cauliflower Steaks

Happy Monday friends! After a tough ice storm this weekend, I am really hopeful that Spring is just around the corner! 
I found  this meal and I was really intrigued with the concept of a cauliflower steak. My family loves cauliflower and I was excited to give it a try!
You can get the entire recipe  here. I will share a few of the tweaks we made.
The first step was slicing the cauliflower into large slices. I just put the smaller pieces on the end of the pan and ended up with about 4 "steaks" from a medium cauliflower.

That part was simple- just drizzle with some olive oil and season with salt & pepper.
The recipe called for a parsnip mash. I went to 4 stores looking for parsnips and all 4 were out! No idea why the run on parsnips, so I just subbed in some roasted potatoes.
The sauce so so good- lemon and capers. It was similar to a piccata sauce. I also sauteed some mushrooms to give the dish a little more substance.
This dish was really delicious and my crew ate it up! I will definitely be making it again and hope I can find parsnips for the next go round!
Have a great week!
See you tomorrow, there's always room for one more at our family table.
xoxo
Genevieve

Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

Custom Post Signature