Food, family, and fitness... all with a bit of style.

Show & Tell Tuesday....Most Embarrassing Moments

Hi friends...it's Show & Tell Tuesday! Twice a month I link up with Andrea to share some fun stuff on all sorts of topics!
I have done a few this year....
Oh gosh today is such a fun topic... embarrassing moments!!
Life is full of embarrassing moments...isn't it? Luckily I  can laugh at myself! So I laugh a lot! I just wish I had some of the funnier moments caught on film!

First up.....
I owned a cupcake shop in our local town. One day we got a request for a delivery to the local police station to thank them for their service. I thought that was very sweet and called the station to set up a delivery time. The officer answered the phone and I explained that I had a delivery for them. I then asked "What time are you open until?" The officer chuckled and said "Um.....it's the police station... someone is always here." Right... of course.....obviously. I am sure they all had a laugh over the girl calling to ask what time they were open until!
Shopping with Dad......
My Dad would take me shopping for my mom every year for as long as I can remember. Birthday, Christmas, Mother's Day....it was always about 3 days before the holiday and off we would go together. I loved doing this with him and love that he still calls me the week of special days and asks for ideas. One year, when I was probably 12 or 13 we were at the mall Christmas shopping and it was really busy. We were walking by Victoria's Secret and my Dad pointed to the mannequins, saying maybe he should get something like that for my mom. I was so embarrassed I couldn't even look, and then I heard commotion as my Dad fell over the bench in the mall. He was looking at the window and didn't see the bench. So not only was my Dad pointing out the lingerie, he was now laying across a bench.......in the mall........during the busiest time of the year!  I pretty much wanted to crawl under the bench. I still laugh about that afternoon with him.... and still chuckle every time I walk by Victoria's Secret. 

Do you have any funny stories to share? I can't wait to read all the bloggers linking up. See you tomorrow for our Weekend Wrap Up......there's always room for one more at our family table.
xoxo
Genevieve

ps....if you need some ideas for your dinner table this week, be sure to check out yesterday's post...

4 comments on "Show & Tell Tuesday....Most Embarrassing Moments"
  1. That is so sweet about shopping with your Dad for your Mom! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha oh my gosh I am laughing out loud at your dad falling over the bench. That's priceless. I can't blame you for asking the police station when they close! I would have done the same thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your Dad story! I miss seeing your parents!

    ReplyDelete

Custom Post Signature