Food, family, and fitness... all with a bit of style.

Banana Popsicles....Try It Thursday

One more sleep til Friday!!! I am linking up with Allie over at A Gal Named Al for Try It Thursday. Be sure to stop by and check out her blog and see all the yummy recipes shared today!
This is a super simple concept...not sure I can technically call it a recipe! My kids love ice cream, thanks to my husband who really loves ice cream! Paul has something sweet after every meal....every...single...one. And yep, you would never know it looking at him! Ugh!
Anyway, I have seen this concept of frozen bananas and gave it our own twist.
Here us what you will need....
2-4 bananas (not too ripe)
1/4 cup of dark chocolate
2-4 TSP of peanut or almond butter
Sprinkles
Shredded, Unsweetened Coconut
Peel the bananas and slice in half. Putting a popsicle stick at the cut end of each. I could not find my popsicle sticks the day I made this, so we just used cute straws.
Spread about 1TSP of your choice of nut butters on the banana.
Place the chocolate in a baggie and microwave in 30 second intervals, until melted. Snip the end and drizzle across the bananas. They look fancy right?
Add sprinkles or coconut or chopped nuts.
Place in freezer for 1-2 hours.
They are so good! The banana has an ice cream consistency without all the guilt of a bowl of ice cream. I stored the extras in a freezer bag. My kiddos both loved them! One tip is that they are kind of hard right out of the freezer, so let them sit for 5-10 minutes and they will be easier to bite into.
The perfect Summer treat!
Enjoy!
xoxo
Genevieve
1 comment on "Banana Popsicles....Try It Thursday"
  1. Great idea! I had seen ice cream made out of bananas, but my kids love popsicles, so this is easy and super customizable. Thanks for sharing & linking up!

    ReplyDelete

Custom Post Signature