Food, family, and fitness... all with a bit of style.

Tuesday Talk..... 57 Things About Me

Hi friends! I am linking up with  Erika Ashley for Tuesday Talk. A monthly link up where we can talk about any and everything!
It's been so busy the last two months I have felt kind of scatterbrained and was struggling to come up with something fun for Tuesday Talk. I decided to write a post sharing some random facts about me! I originally wanted to title this with some witty title and an even number of things....but instead I just started typing out tidbits about me. Warning....its a random bunch of things!
Here we go.....
1. My Name... Genevieve. I was not a fan when I was younger. It was a lot to write out on your paper in school and no one could ever say it correctly, let alone spell it! But I must say, as I have gotten older I love my name. #thanksmomandpapa
2. I love Christmas. I mean I really love Christmas.The sights, smells, decor.....love all the magic of Christmas.
3. I do not like heights. No traumatic experience, just have never been a fan.
4. As I have gotten older I am also not a fan of small spaces.
5. I love to cook. It is my favorite part of the day.
6. My favorite cake is chocolate cake with vanilla buttercream.
7. I enjoy trying all foods but cannot stand canned peas.
8. I was on my cross country and track teams in high school and still love to run.
9. My favorite cereal is Life (don't tell Paul as he works for General Mills)😉
10. I am a procrastinator.
11. I love lists.
12. I love our landline phone and am not sure I could ever give it up.
13. Summer is my favorite season.
14. The beach is my happy place.
15. I am the oldest child.
16. I got married when I was 22 years old.
17. My first concert was NKOTB with my mom. And we are going to see them again on Friday! If you told me that 25 years ago I would not have believed you!
18. I could watch Dirty Dancing and Pretty Woman every single time they come on.
19. My favorite Disney movie is Tangled.
20. I don't have any tattoos.... and I don't see myself ever getting one.
21. My knickname growing up was Gennie or Vieve.
22. I am not a fan of scary movies. And if Paul's out of town I flip the channel if a commercial comes on for a scary movie!
23. I am a Sagitarrius. But I am not at all into astrology.
24. I love to dance.
25. I love all things coconut.
26. I despise hearing people chew.
27. I am still hoping to complete a full marathon someday.
28. I have completed 4 half marathons.
29. I hate riding my bike down hills... I actually get off it and walk down with my bike at my side.
30. I travelled to Italy and Greece for two weeks my senior year of high school.
31. I did not have a date to my junior prom.
32. My best friend from kindergarten lives just a few houses down from me.
33. My goal in high school was to not wear the same outfit twice. What was I thinking?
34. I do not like wearing socks.
35. I am not a fan of cats....they creep me out.
36. I could live off of chips and salsa/guacamole.
37. My favorite vegetable is asparagus. I could eat it all day, everyday.
38. I am a football and draft beer girl come Fall.
39. But I love a good mojito or margarita in the Summer.
40. I love to golf and wish I had more time to do so,you really need to play more to get better.
41. I was scared to use the grill, but love using it now! Girls get your grill on!
42. I never considered myself an animal person, but I could not imagine my life without my Maddie!
43. We did not find out the sex of our first baby......best surprise ever!
44. We did find out with number two.... still a fun surprise, just earlier.....and I spent way too much money knowing what we were having!
45. I have lived in New York, Ohio, New Jersey and now back to New York.
46. I love the first snowfall and love a good snow day!
47. I like strong coffee with a tiny splash of half & half.
48. My favorite memory of my childhood pool was night swimming. Night swims in the Summer are the best!
49. Somedays I struggle being a full time working mama....somedays I feel like I really nail it in my job and other days I feel like I really nail it as a mama. Most other days it's just a juggling act!
50. I am an early riser. I love starting my day early. Up by 5 during the week and if I sleep past 7 on the weekends, I feel behind.
51. I also prefer to turn in early.
52. My hair was super straight when I was younger, I got perms and then all of a sudden in high school my hair turned curly. Its not a good curl either...more frizz than anything and lots of steps/product to control it.
53. I love gum. I always have gum in my car.
54. My first job was a newspaper girl.
55. My next job was at the mall and I have stayed in the retail world ever since.
56. I was a store manager for Target #stillmymostfavoritejobever
57. I owned a cupcakery in my town for four years.
And there you have it. 57 random facts about me. I hope you weren't too bored reading through them!
 Have a great Tuesday! See you tomorrow for our weekend wrap up. There's always room for one more at our family table. 
xoxo
Genevieve

2 comments on "Tuesday Talk..... 57 Things About Me"
  1. OMGosh! Where have you been in Blog Land?! I'm hopping over to say, HI! from Erika's blog and we have SO much in common! First of all, you sound like an '80's girl just like ME!! Right down to the NKOTB concert and chocolate cake! Both are yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A store manager for target?! Did you get a discount?! Night swims are awesome, you're right!

    ReplyDelete

Custom Post Signature