Food, family, and fitness... all with a bit of style.

Weekend Wrap Up....Another Busy One!

Well it's safe to say we had another full weekend here at the Perryman house! This one kind of kicked off a little early too, as Paul & I ran the Corporate Challenge together Thursday night.
It was such a fun race with over 12,000 runners/walkers!
Friday Luke was off celebrating his friend Nathan's birthday so I took Ella & Nathan's sisters out for our own celebrating!
I went to pick Luke up that night and the kids started playing and before I knew it the kids were swimming and my girlfriend and I were in relaxation mode! It was the perfect way to start the weekend!
Saturday brought and early morning baseball game.....
Luke did his best to warm up, but I tell you early mornings are not his thing!
Then we switched gears to soccer....
Grabbed a quick dip in Granny's pool... it was a hot & humid day!
and then off to baseball game #2
We started Sunday slow with the best homemade Father's Day gifts.
And I could not resist getting this card for Luke to give to Paul. #lukeiamyourfather
Paul requested steaks on the grill (I had planned a clambake) & he volunteered to grill them....unfortunately it was pouring.
But he and the dog weren't phased at all!
Side note.....I get a lot of questions about how I get my kids to eat on the healthier side. It's nothing too complicated, but I just do my best to keep them involved in the kitchen. I was chopping mushrooms for the steaks and Luke just started munching on them.
I have found that if they are part of the cooking or food shopping process they are more open to trying different things!
We finished dinner with a raspberry pie and then early to bed for everyone!!!
Happy Summer friends!
See you soon......there's always room for one more at our family table.
xoxo
Genevieve

Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

Custom Post Signature