Food, family, and fitness... all with a bit of style.

August Book Review

It's the last Thursday of the month & time for my monthly book review!  I am linking up with Narci over at Grace and Love Blog for her monthly Carpool Book Club.  Be sure to check out her blog for all her picks too!!
So I had plans to read a lot of books this month, and somehow only finished 2! I am in the midst of the my third but didn't finish it before my review. We are wrapping up Summer with one last vacation this week... and I have a nice stack to read! 
one




True Colors by Kristin Hannah. After a slow start, I really enjoyed this book. The story of three sisters, whose mom passes when they are young. They are left to band together as they handle their disgurntled father who is most concerned about the family image. Vivi Ann, the youngest and arguably father's favorite gets invovled with a new guy in the small town. A man with a shaded past...and one tragic night changes their lives forever. It was a sweet story of family and forgiving.
two
So after reading The Woman in Cabin 10 by Ruth Ware, I had this one on my list. I did not have my expectation set that high, because I didn't love the first one from her. I did like this one better. So many people have mentioned how scary it is, but I did not find it that way. It was the story of several people together to celebrate a bachelorette party in an old glass house near the woods. Leonora is invited, however she has not spoken to the bride in nearly 10 years. As the book progresses, we discover the reason she was invited and the horrible events that happened during the weekend. It kept my interest and it was a quick weekend read.... good, but not great.










                             
If you missed any of our other reviews, you can catch up here.

Any other great books I need to get on my list next month??  Drop your favorites in the comments!
Have a great day and we will see you tomorrow for Friday Favorites. There's always room for one more at our family table.
xoxo
Genevieve
1 comment on "August Book Review"
  1. I too read In a Dark, Dark Wood, this month, although I really preferred The Woman in Cabin 10! Right now I am reading Firefly Lane by Kristin Hannah. Have you read that one before?

    ReplyDelete

Custom Post Signature