Food, family, and fitness... all with a bit of style.

What's Up Wednesday.... August Edition

Happy Wednesday friends!! It's time to link up with ShayMel and Sheaffer for What's Up Wednesday....May Edition. 
 A fun monthly post where we answer these questions....

What we're eating this week......
I shared our meal plan on Monday. You can check it out here & I will tell you these Grilled Meatball Subs will not disappoint!
What I'm reminiscing about.......
Luke's baseball season. As crazy as it seemed always being at the diamonds, I kind of miss our baseball family. We had a really great team and group of parents.
What I'm loving.....
Summer days & nights on the water....only a few more left and I am loving every one!
What we've been up to......
Being outside, all day, everyday we can!
Making ice cream a weekly priority... 
Getting in a little golf.....
And loving life on the water! 
What I'm dreading....
Packing lunches. I am really not sure why this gets me, but it does. It literally takes about 3 minutes of my day. I just make the kids' sandwiches and they take care of the rest, but something about it feels like I lose an hour of my morning when I have to make those 2 sandwiches. Anyone else with me on this??
What I'm working on......
Back to school stuff..new shoes, new lunchboxes, dance registration, religion class sign up, new dance shoes, instrument rental....gosh my to-do list seems to be growing! 
What I'm excited about......
Back to school routines, as much as I love the laid back Summer, we are all ready for a little more structure.....and earlier bedtimes!
What I'm watching/reading....
We were so excited to have Ray Donovan start up again, so we have been watching that on Sunday nights.
I will be sharing my book review tomorrow. I finally got around to read this one.
And this is my stack for vacation this week!
What I'm listening to......
Well in case you are living under a rock Taylor Swift released a new single on Friday. It has been on repeat everyday since. Now we are hoping for a tour announcement! We went to see her a few years ago and it was such a great show!
What I'm wearing......
I have really been slacking in fun outfits this month. My weekends have been workout gear, bathing suits, and pjs! Ha!
I am wearing this amazing cream from Philosphy. It has the best scent and makes your skin so buttery soft!
What I'm doing this weekend......
We are on vacation....YAY! We are spending a week at the lake. This is just the perfect end to Summer. Paul's family will be there too for a family reunion. And on Saturday we will celebrate our 17th wedding anniversary!!! 
What I'm looking forward to next month.....
Celebrating Ella's 10th Birthday! I cannot believe she will be double digits. She is all about Fixer Upper and DIY so that is the theme of her party. Such a fun idea! #shiplap Last year we went to Hollywood for her party. You can check out all the fun from that party here.
What else is new.....
Luke got to throw the first pitch at a local ball game... so fun!
And these sweet girls organized the most fun night for our neighborhood....a huge kickball game!
And Paul & I have gotten in a few boat nights with friends.
Bonus question.... What are your best back to school lunch ideas/tips?
So I already mentioned that this is what I am dreading this month, so I can't wait to read everyone's tips on this topic!! 
Probably the best tip I have for back to school lunches is to let the kids pack part of their lunch. This has helped a lot in our house. I fill all the water bottles the night before or early morning and keep them in the fridge. I make their sandwich and they do the rest. I have a shelf in the fridge that they can choose from to round our their lunches. Apples, clementines, chopped peppers, snap peas, carrots... I have those all prepped and ready to go so the kids can grab something with their lunch.
They know they have to add some fresh fruit/veggie to their lunch and I feel like they are more excited about it when they get to pack it.
See you tomorrow for our monthly book review!
There's always room for one more at our family table.
xoxo
Genevieve
1 comment on "What's Up Wednesday.... August Edition"

Custom Post Signature